What are some cheap products to buy from DR?

pitt

Dec 12, 2011
I am visiting DR soon and i want to make it a business destination. What are some ideal products to buy for cheap in DR and then resell it abroad?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you couild find a market for roadside and beach trash, you could retire in 6 months.

They need a recycling program here.
I started a compost heap and you wouldn't believe how it reduced my bagged trash.

No smell and no dripping bags to the roadside.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
I cannot think of one. You might be confusing the DR with China.

Lots:

Over-runs from clothing factories, ladies underwear/swimwear from La Romana district, medical equipment and drugs produced in DR, honey, coconut products e.g. coconut oil, mango juice, hot peppers, farmed fish products, rum aged and Mamajuana herbs, organic coffee and cocoa, cigars, herbs and roots for example those to make Viveres. Beans are a big export for the DR as are organic bananas in all their varieties. Dried fruit. Breadfruit chips for masala, Cassava flour, palm oil, cassava bread, pottery, rustic bamboo and other wood furniture .... the list goes on and on ..... DR...... is a breadbasket and cultural center for the whole region.

pi2

pitt

Dec 12, 2011
Lots:

Over-runs from clothing factories, ladies underwear/swimwear from La Romana district, medical equipment and drugs produced in DR, honey, coconut products e.g. coconut oil, mango juice, hot peppers, farmed fish products, rum aged and Mamajuana herbs, organic coffee and cocoa, cigars, herbs and roots for example those to make Viveres. Beans are a big export for the DR as are organic bananas in all their varieties. Dried fruit. Breadfruit chips for masala, Cassava flour, palm oil, cassava bread, pottery, rustic bamboo and other wood furniture .... the list goes on and on ..... DR...... is a breadbasket and cultural center for the whole region.

pi2

Thanks for all the answers, i particularly liked yours the most.

Do you have the contact for the company who sells medical equipment and drugs in DR? I am very interested in this business. Also, how can i find the clothing factories that manufactures ladies underwear in La Romana?

Thanks

May 29, 2006
If you are in the US, do some research for what Dominican hair and beauty products can sell for in the US. Baba de Caracol ("snail snot") is a big brand. With a name like Snail Snot, it has to be good.

I'd suggest you get some buyers lined up back home before you spend any money in the DR. Otherwise you might end up with a lifetime supply of cassava crackers...

You may be able to find exporters though your closest Dominican Embassy...

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Hi

Anything that increases exports and stabilizes the peso.
As if that were possible.

I try to be helpful. DR cassava products are sold in the US. I do not have contacts but the DR is a bit of a hub in the medicines and medical equipment areas. I am not in touch with anyone in the intimates/swimwear business but if you go in any shop in the DR the prices are very low and it is mostly local production. La Romana has a tradition for these products although some production has closed down the skills acquired are still there in small production units. Footwear is another area.
Honey and coconut oil are finding good export markets.

Alzheimer's and The Coconut Diet™

I try to be helpful with my posts ......

pi2

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I try to be helpful with my posts ......
pi2

If I were the Webmaster here, I would make you moderator.
Where can I buy one of those tricycle/corn cookers, I have a VERY SERIOUS vendor idea?

tio' tambo