Am I being used by Dominican girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super523

Feb 26, 2012
So I met this Dominican girl online about a year ago. We started as friends for a long ttime just chatting at night for about 2-3 months..then we started liking each other and taking a lot more..after a few more months of talking and wanting a realationship she came to my to visit family and I met her..and we met 2 other times after that when she came tto visit...at one point we were
talking every night ffor like 5-6 hours on webcam..I rreally do love her but sometimes I find it hard to belive that's it's real..she is 26 and I just turned 21..I. Want to know if she possible is using
me for something else..I know its not money cuz I always tell her I don't have much and she even sent me money a few times..(100$) at a time..she works at a bank
And says her father pays her rent for her and she just has to pay her phone and cable...she is a really amazing person and beautiful... I never went to dr to see her and she is always asking and begging me to.she says she really loves me and all that..but the reason i have my doubts is because I met her online and she told me she lived in ny..then when we got serious and she wanted to meet mme she told me she been living in dr..so that always had me wondering...and also even tho we talk Everynignt for hours, we oonly met 3 times I'm suppose to go to dr to see her in a few weeks..Because she says she can't keep waiting for me if I'm not
gonna come..ok well I am going but she asked me if I can try to have a baby with her if I'm ready..she said she really wants one if im ready...that's where I wonder can she be using me even tho she knows I have no money he tells me how much she loves me every dday but help me!
is there something else that she wants?

Last edited by a moderator:

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
So I met this Dominican girl online about a year ago. We started as friends for a long ttime just chatting at night for about 2-3 months..then we started liking each other and taking a lot more..after a few more months of talking and wanting a realationship she came to my to visit family and I met her..and we met 2 other times after that when she came tto visit...at one point we were
talking every night ffor like 5-6 hours on webcam..I rreally do love her but sometimes I find it hard to belive that's it's real..she is 26 and I just turned 21..I. Want to know if she possible is using
me for something else..I know its not money cuz I always tell her I don't have much and she even sent me money a few times..(100$) at a time..she works at a bank
And says her father pays her rent for her and she just has to pay her phone and cable...she is a really amazing person and beautiful... I never went to dr to see her and she is always asking and begging me to.she says she really loves me and all that..but the reason i have my doubts is because I met her online and she told me she lived in ny..then when we got serious and she wanted to meet mme she told me she been living in dr..so that always had me wondering...and also even tho we talk Everynignt for hours, we oonly met 3 times I'm suppose to go to dr to see her in a few weeks..Because she says she can't keep waiting for me if I'm not
gonna come..ok well I am going but she asked me if I can try to have a baby with her if I'm ready..she said she really wants one if im ready...that's where I wonder can she be using me even tho she knows I have no money he tells me how much she loves me every dday but help me!
is there something else that she wants?

To answer your question: yes, she is.
Advise (free of charge): forget her, average dominican lies 5 out of 4 words...

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
You live in NYC?, you're 21, and you're looking online to meet chics, and spending hours a day on a webcam ... something doesn't sound right here.

Like Erykah Badu says, "you better get your sh*t together."

Super523

Feb 26, 2012
You live in NYC?, you're 21, and you're looking online to meet chics, and spending hours a day on a webcam ... something doesn't sound right here.

Like Erykah Badu says, "you better get your sh*t together."

I live in pa..and I don't have a problem getting girls at all..idk I guess I'm just young and she messed my head up..cuz I really like her

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Dominican Girlfriend?????????????????

To answer your question: yes, she is.
Advise (free of charge): forget her, average dominican lies 5 out of 4 words...
Hi:

TURN OFF THE WEB CAM AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER, AND I MEAN NOW, GRINGO!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry to say that your story sounds typical of a relationship in which a Domincan citizen wants to trap you into marriage and find a way to come to NYC at which time she will dump you like an over ripe Planton. DO NOT at any time have unprotected sex with this young lady. As a matter of fact, I know this will sound rash and it will be difficult but I would cancel my trip to see her. If she gets you to the DR you will get ISLAND FEVER and I guarantee you will not escape its grasp. You are 21 and have the rest of your life ahead of you. Do not get into a relationship that you cannot escape from. Once she is pregnant she will discard you like a used condemn. Excuse my crude expression but walk away while you have your manhood and dignity in tacked. It is a lot easier to end this now over the internet. You will not have to will power when she is sitting across from you and you have had a couple of Cuba Libres, and she turns on the Dominican charm. I have seen it many times. Many men come here and get caught up in the Island rythyms and then find themselves in very compromising situations. Think hard and long about this decision. It is probably the most important you will make in your short life. If you do not want to listen to me than listen to the other DR1ers who are saying the same thing. I know you would not have asked for advise if you did not want it. Take it and cut the cord. Sorry for that.

Just walk away Jose'
Skip out the back Jack
Make a new plan Stan.
Don't hop a plane Wayne
Just listen to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LTS

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
An entry visa to the U.S. is worth it's weight in babies...........she wants off this island

B in Santiago

Super523

Feb 26, 2012
My guess would be to have a baby to try and use that angle to get US citizenship and decades of support from your family.
I'm not trying to argue or dispute you I appreciate your advise..
but she knows i have no family And and not enough cash to support 2 people right now..but I do love her but sometimes it seems fishy to me and I tell her it's fishy..she gets real upset when I tell her and sometimes don't wanna talk much for a few days

Ugh this whole thing got me confused

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
It sounds like the girl needs to read HB's rules for dating Dminican. Chica has money, job, rich daddy ( sugar or real ), and a visa. I doubt this is some campo puta if she goes to NY. Who cares about her lying about living in NYC. I know of a few educated Santiago women that married NYC bagboys because they are hard working and smart enough to get ahead once in the US. Just marry her and get her to the states. The poor girl still has no kids at 26 while some of her younger primas will be abuelas soon.

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
If you don't mind me asking. From which website did you meet her? I hope it isn't Badoo or Tagged. Those girls are not serious and they probably have more than 1 Gringo. She's seeing who will jump 1st. Not that the other sites are any better. Like a couple of posters said you're a walking visa.
My suggestion is to meet someone in person. Unless you live in that country or stay in that country for an extended period of time, marrying someone from the net is a bad idea. Or you can scroll through the hundreds of previous posts about this topic and you will notice that 3/4 of the time it ended badly. Better off going to NY or Philly. At least you can be around her a lot more and get a better grasp of her true personality.
I will never forget what my old neighbor in Gurabo told me 1 day. "You Americans are stupid". I asked why you say that? "Why do you want to marry these girls, they are using you". "When you (americans) go back to your country her boyfriend comes over".

At the end of the day its you that will make the decision. Listen to your instincts. If the posters on here seem negative, that's because they been around for a while and seen everything. But there are some success stories. Maybe you will be 1 of them.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
peterj...........i was ready to buy the whole `I LOVE YOU THING`her sending YOU money even, and the fact that you met onlne doesn`t bother me, although i would like to know who approached who first. In my own famly my son met his wife onlne and my cousin met her husband onlne, both have been marred for several years with chldren, albeit they are not dominicans or other 3rd world relationships. Like i said, I AMOST bought into it, but now question motives about having a baby. LTSteve suggests she wll get rid of you when she is pregnant, im not sure why this is. Would she not want to have an American father for her baby in the hopes of coming to America for a better life. Maybe LT can explain this to us.

You might want to keep this sayng that my mother used to say to me. `when in doubt..........dont` I have followed her wise adivse over the years, and it hasn`t let me down yet.:D

PS unless you are an ugly troll with warts all over your face, no hair and rotting teeth...........i would think that you would be able to fnd yourself a nice girl where u live. Just my worldly experience hun.

Status
Not open for further replies.