Question about claro tv/internet quality

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Yesterday La sirena in Santiago had a one day only, 20 percent off sale on MOST everything in the store, including tv's. Been eyeing a 55 in. Sony LED LCD tv for quite a while and couldn't resist a 20 mil savings.
When I play a 720 or 1080p signal source, the quality is outstanding. When I watch a normal Claro program which is not HD, it sucks. The Claro rep told me their signal was digital, I don't believe it is. The tv is connected to the Claro box which in turn is connected to the router. My current download bandwidth/speed is 1.5 mbps. If I increase to say a 3.0 - 4.0 mbps would that increase the picture quality.

B in Santiago

Jan 22, 2010
I heard same issue from a friend in Puerto Plata...

It took him a while to get rid of it...they are just good for installing it but it never works

Combination high speed internet CLARO and tv CLARO is not compatible

T.E.

T.E.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
First off the download speed of Claro TV has nothing to do with the speed of your Internet. It is tons higher. At the speed of your internet you would see nothing on TV.

I have had this for about a year and made friends with one of the techs. He told me the DL for the TV is about 20-30, as the Internet is 1.5. If you don't get a good picture you should either get it resolved or cancel the contract.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just to add, the upload speed of the TV is over 200MP, that is about 150 times the speed of your Internet. I was not clear on this on my other post.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
In what way can this be made better, Is the solution on Claros end.....
Is there anything I can do.....

B in Santiago

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In what way can this be made better, Is the solution on Claros end.....
Is there anything I can do.....

B in Santiago

By now you probably know my solution to these types of problems in the DR. Go in the street and flag down a Claro truck. Tell the guy he gets 2,000 Pesos or whatever you want to give him to go with you and fix the problem. If he does fine, if not he gets nada. Works for me all over the DR.

I have had Internet here for 9 years and I don't even know the phone number for service.