dominicans sucessfully getting a UK visit visa.?? anyonee> tips and advice..

dandudette

May 10, 2007
hey guys
so my partner is planning to visit the UK for the first time and is looking for other dominicans who have managed to get a visit visa without being married.
tips and helpful advice welcomed.
he already has his USA visit visa.
thanks
:)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
My husband successfully obtained his first UK visitors visa before we were married. The key things he will need to prove are:

1. That he will return here - evidenced by a good job (provide letter from employer confirming job and that he has x time off for holiday); money in the bank (don't try just putting a lump sum in, they look for movement in and out over time); ownership of house or land or business, or long term rental.

2. It will be helpful if he is going to the UK for a specific event such as a wedding or christmas or family celebration (provide copy of the invitation).

3. The fact he has a US visa will be an advantage especially if he has been there and returned.

4. The fact that you are not married is also an advantage - less chance of him trying to stay there.

5. If he has children they do not help the case that he will return - they know that Dominicans often give their children to other members of their family.

Good luck with your application.

Matilda

dandudette

May 10, 2007
thanks for that matilda...
a question..
when your hubby applied.. what did you do to help or was it solely on him>? (excluding money help) i mean didd u have to provide anything..?? thanks
dani x

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
thanks for that matilda...
a question..
when your hubby applied.. what did you do to help or was it solely on him>? (excluding money help) i mean didd u have to provide anything..?? thanks
dani x

In those days you applied in person at the embassy, now it is on line and you pay by credit card - I would have thought you could do that for him. I provided a letter of invitation from my father, a letter from my employers here (DR), saying I worked here and would have a fortnights holiday, and I also provided details of my English bank account.

Matilda