Looking for a house or aparment in santiago

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
Hi, I am looking for a small house or apartment with 1-2 bedrooms in gurabo within short walking distance to the G. Something that is dominican cheap not american cheap meaning around 3,000 to 5,000. I'd really appreciate the help, there isn't anything in the newspaper that I can find and the places I have looked at I've had to walk around to find them but I can't do that everyday because I work.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
you need to look up by calle 20, because anything lower will be way over 5,000. idon't know of anything in particular but you should be able to find something if you walk around

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There is a new route, CR, that goes farther than the G so you should check those areas too.

BTW, 3000 to 5000 will not get you very much, even in the Gurabo area. It will either be very small or not in a very nice place. RD6000 would give you a better chance.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
chip, i think she's looking for a dominican abode.

twix, you can look over the bridge on calle 20 de gurabo, or back in los perez - in fact, there are some apartments back in los perez made by the zona franca that rent for about 4500 pesos a month - super small, but nice and new. the G doesn't go back there, but the CJ27 passes by, and a short walk will get you to the GR (G, los rieles) that picks up in front of the public school.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
chip, i think she's looking for a dominican abode.

twix, you can look over the bridge on calle 20 de gurabo, or back in los perez - in fact, there are some apartments back in los perez made by the zona franca that rent for about 4500 pesos a month - super small, but nice and new. the G doesn't go back there, but the CJ27 passes by, and a short walk will get you to the GR (G, los rieles) that picks up in front of the public school.

That's all you can get for less than RD8k a month anymore, even on this side of town. I base this on what we some family are paying for an apartment behind our and a friend who lives on the way to the Zoo of Gurabo. I expect there may be something on in an apartment on the way to Tamboril but it will be small for sure.

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
thanks guys, I know I can get something decent for that price because right now I live in a small 3 bedroom house for 4500 and it's only a 6 min walk to the G but I'm living with my mom and want to move out on my own. Small is good for me, I don't need to waste my money spending a lot on rent, I only make around 20-28k and I'm just trying to save as much as I can for other things

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
thanks guys, I know I can get something decent for that price because right now I live in a small 3 bedroom house for 4500 and it's only a 6 min walk to the G but I'm living with my mom and want to move out on my own. Small is good for me, I don't need to waste my money spending a lot on rent, I only make around 20-28k and I'm just trying to save as much as I can for other things

That is a very good price. Maybe you can find a small house with the upstairs available for rent as it seems the apartments here in Gurabo are expensive. Suerte.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
We have a friend who rents her (very -nice) house in Gurabo (on the way to the zoo) for 5,500. (as in she rents it out, not pays that). they exist, you just have to look - you're not going to find anything too close to the G for super cheap, but if you don't mind walking too much you can do it.