Criminal Background Check

Jhettku

Jul 18, 2011
Hi,

My husband and I need to obtain criminal background check from the Dominican Republic. Does anyone know how to obtain one? We have lived here almost a year now and the residency is still in process. Therefore, we are now still on tourist card. So, I dont even know if we can obtain the background check on tourist card.
Can anyone please help?

Thanks a bunch.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hi,

My husband and I need to obtain criminal background check from the Dominican Republic. Does anyone know how to obtain one? We have lived here almost a year now and the residency is still in process. Therefore, we are now still on tourist card. So, I dont even know if we can obtain the background check on tourist card.
Can anyone please help?

Thanks a bunch.

You need to provide these from your home country if I am correct!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Actually I think the new regulations require one from your home country and one from here.
Unless you are fluent in Spanish and have lots of time to kill I would use a lawyer to get this done

Bob K

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Pretty soon there going to want a letter from your local Colmado asking if you pay on time.......
Anyway to create a processing fee.....what a load of crap.....

B in Santiago

Jan 22, 2010
just go to police department and have patience and if they are too slow tip them...you will have the paper in less then 1 hour

T.E.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

You will need a criminal background check from your home country and the province or state you lived in. This is not going to be easy getting that here. You will probably have to hire a lawyer to get the process done. It has become more complicated than people realize.

LTS

lafiera

Apr 26, 2009
Hi,

Can anyone please help?

Thanks a bunch.

it is call , certificado de buena conducta. you can get it en el palacio de justicias.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
it is call , certificado de buena conducta. you can get it en el palacio de justicias.

yep.....unless the rules have changed, i was told i could get it from there, but also i was told i could get mine from the main police station in santo domingo.....and that is where i got it. didn't need another one from any place else.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Just as a side tip, the criminal background check you have to get from your home country has to be less than 3 months since issue.