United

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Doing a little research on flights to SDQ and see that Continental (now United) is replacing the streched B757 with much smaller B737s. Their service has been going down hill since the merger. Now it will be going down hill on a smaller scale.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
When are you going down continental did that on a flight to SDQ two years ago some thing about not enough seat's sold so they switched to smaller plane soooo far my May flight is still a 757.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Doing a little research on flights to SDQ and see that Continental (now United) is replacing the streched B757 with much smaller B737s. Their service has been going down hill since the merger. Now it will be going down hill on a smaller scale.
Go to seatguru.com and compare the size of the seats on both planes, they are the same. I fly Continental/United exclusively and have not noticed any change in their service since talk of the merger began. Continental/United may not be the best airline but it is the only non-stop from EWR to the Dominican Republic.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Go to seatguru.com and compare the size of the seats on both planes, they are the same. I fly Continental/United exclusively and have not noticed any change in their service since talk of the merger began. Continental/United may not be the best airline but it is the only non-stop from EWR to the Dominican Republic.
Really? I thought JetBlue had service from EWR into SDQ?

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
This month flights are in B757-300 with 216 seats. Next month they are in B737-800 with 154 seats. In May they still show the B757 but not the seat availability which leads me to think they haven't got around to making the switch in all their systems. I do hope they go back to B757 full time. It's a fine airplane. When I mentioned poor service, I was refering to first class. The deterioration has been noted in several major business publications.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
...is it really that critical
or maybe I am not picky enough ?

most airlines are getting crappy,all seats are uncomfortable to me
but I am not complaining ,cause it will take me to paradise in a few hours lol

Manu

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This month flights are in B757-300 with 216 seats. Next month they are in B737-800 with 154 seats. In May they still show the B757 but not the seat availability which leads me to think they haven't got around to making the switch in all their systems. I do hope they go back to B757 full time. It's a fine airplane. When I mentioned poor service, I was refering to first class. The deterioration has been noted in several major business publications.

Must have been a webpage problem as seat availability is now shown for the May 757 flights. I have noticed a few small changes in first class but nothing to complain about. I know the EWR-SDQ flights probably have less than five people who actually pay extra to fly in the first class cabin. Most first class passengers either get bumped up as Elite members or are employees or family of employees. We need to ride this out for a little while longer as there are plans to change the seating arrangements to include economy plus seating on all aircraft.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
...is it really that critical
or maybe I am not picky enough ?

most airlines are getting crappy,all seats are uncomfortable to me
but I am not complaining ,cause it will take me to paradise in a few hours lol

Manu

I am with you, three hours airtime and I am one happy camper. Only bad seats I have come across on Continental/United are the exit row seats that do not recline.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
I am with you, three hours airtime and I am one happy camper. Only bad seats I have come across on Continental/United are the exit row seats that do not recline.

I'm with you ewr to sdq by the time others are unloading to go to connecting flight I'm enjoying a cold presidente and the worst seats are by the latrines.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It was a 757 today......... exit row for mi esposa who hates the 'no recline' but for 3 hrs , it s not a big deal to get the extra room.

Not a full flight .. she was alone in the exit row