Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ambev and Heineken battling out who will end up with CND

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard they did. I'm not a beer drinker but proud of my fellow Dutchmen they beat the Belgians

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post

Someone else said Ambev bought it

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I heard they did. I'm not a beer drinker but proud of my fellow Dutchmen they beat the Belgians
    We beat you and saved another beer... whoehaaaaa

Just joking, Mauricio....

BelgianK

7. Likes Mauricio liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua News Finally Gets It Right

On 15 April we reported that the brewer Heineken had taken over the Presidente beer brewery. We had heard that from two sources, namely Detras Del Rumor and El Siglo 21.

But now it appears that not Heineken but the Belgian-Brazilian brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev, through its Brazilian subsidiary AmBev has acquired a majority of stock in the Dominican brewer Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND). Therefore, approximately $ 1.24 billion will be paid. For approximately $ 1 billion AmBev takes over a stake of 41.76% in CND from the current majority shareholder, the Grupo Léon Jimenez. AmBev also will pay $ 237 million to Heineken for the stake of 9.3% that Heineken still has in CND, and therefore AmBev acquires a stake of approximately 51% of stock in CND.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    We beat you and saved another beer... whoehaaaaa

Just joking, Mauricio....

BelgianK
    I heard several people stating that Heineken bought CND (before the deal was made public and when talking about it and mentioning that others say it's AB InBev, they would say: "ah si, pero tu no sabes que heineken es parte de Inbev!?.."

And I thought EVERYBODY knows Heineken is a Dutch company based in Amsterdam and owned by no other company, let alone a Belgian one (:-P). Just like the whole world knows that Royal Shell, Philips and Unilever are Dutch!

(this might be why my inlaws say I'm a chauvinistic prick. I guess I could have been French)

11. Likes belgiank liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I heard several people stating that Heineken bought CND (before the deal was made public and when talking about it and mentioning that others say it's AB InBev, they would say: "ah si, pero tu no sabes que heineken es parte de Inbev!?.."

And I thought EVERYBODY knows Heineken is a Dutch company based in Amsterdam and owned by no other company, let alone a Belgian one (:-P). Just like the whole world knows that Royal Shell, Philips and Unilever are Dutch!

(this might be why my inlaws say I'm a chauvinistic prick. I guess I could have been French)
    I suspect that most Americans would have said that Heineken was a German beer, but that is just my guess without taking a formal poll.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast