UNO is hiring

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
UNO (United Nearshore Operations) which is located in Gurabo Santiago is now hiring. If you are willing to work monday-saturday w/ a schedule somewhere between 11am to 10pm then bring in your resume to UNO in La Zona Franca de Gurabo before the 13th of April. They are hiring for customer service technical support. it is 100 pesos per hour for training which will be for about a month, and 125 after passing ojt plus incentives. We just recently started working on saturdays too, right now they split us in groups and each group works 1 saturday a month. If call volume is low it will remain that way but if it is high then everyone works saturday

Requirements:
High School Graduated
Good English
Good computer skills
Flexibility

Benefits:
Private Medical and basic dental coverage
Paid Vacation after 1 year for 14 business days

Sorry this is so late minute but they just let everyone know today. Also, they pay every friday which is very convenient

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
What the heck can someone buy in Santiago by earning 125 pesos per hour?

This isn't america, 125 an hour would be 5,000 a week plus incentives. It may sound low but that is one of the highest paying call center job in santiago. if you only speak spanish and you work at a call center they pay 65 pesos an hour, and that is very low but a lot of dominicans only make between 5000 to 10,000 a month

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I know that this is not America but prices in Santiago are sure close to America's prices. lol

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
I know that this is not America but prices in Santiago are sure close to America's prices. lol

For the typical Dominican fare RD$125 per hour or RD$22,000 a month (based on 44 hours a week) is not bad at all. If a young couple both get jobs in a call center they can have an acceptable Dominican lifestyle. Call centers here in the DR usually give employees RD$50-75 credit in the cafeteria for food and provide transport if the work shift ends late in the evening. Compared to the typical Dominican jobs that RD$125 p/h is quite good.

NotLurking

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I thought Pizzeria UNO was coming to Santiago...

That's actually pretty decent pay in The DR for such a type of job.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Anyone could blow that quick on gas and drinks lol

It could be enough to get by but you will not save unless you are living in a very cheap area with other people splitting the rent

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
In addition to salary, remember Dominican Labor Code includes an extra months pay for Christmas, overtime pay, paid vacation, paid holidays, maternity and paternity leave, sick leave, and when all else fails, liquidation payment when terminated. This is certainly a decent salary on Dominican scale.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Good Job,GREAT Pay!
And,...No one is adding in the extra pay for,incentives/commisions!
Chip,you have to be able to "Communicate",not just "Pontificate"!:cheeky:(See,A "Smily Face",just like you do"!)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

will92

May 4, 2011
hi everyone is it too late for me to apply/bring resume I arrive this weekend and hope to start job search this monday.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
hi everyone is it too late for me to apply/bring resume I arrive this weekend and hope to start job search this monday.

I don't think so. Call centers are always in need of good english speakers. When you get here go fill out an application/take resume....nothing ventured nothing gained. Good luck.

NotLurking

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Which english do you speak?
Dominican baseball player english?
or
DominicanYork english with that weird east coast accent?
lol

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I did not grow up in the east coast so the accent stands out alot to me. I heard a DominicanYork say "Yo, imma go to da riva" I was like "You mean that your are going to the river?" When the heck did er = a??? Hope the ones on the island are not learning from the yorkys lol

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
I say just bring it anyway, I'm sure they will accept it. they are open monday thru sunday

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Not so bad if you combind it with a us disibality check that is 514 from uno + 600 us disiblity check . Sh may be i well apply for booth ! The hell with yachts

IBY MATA

Jun 2, 2012
Im interested in working in uno i have my resume also i speak very good english can you reply back to me asap please thanks!!

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Im interested in working in uno i have my resume also i speak very good english can you reply back to me asap please thanks!!
Would you like them to send a recruiter to pickup your resume? Or maybe they can send a limo to bring you in for an interview? I hope your post is not your best example of your " very good english".
To be blunt, if you want a job, you contact them rather than wait for them to contact you.