legal advice, please

qnbuscas

Oct 26, 2008
I need some help. I had a student visa and didn?t think ahead. Now, I think the cedula is the next best step. The visa expires next month. I am scheduled to travel that month. I?m thinking of leaving, coming back, getting the tourist card, then immediately applying for the cedula. I can?t do it before, because I wouldn?t be able to leave the country, right? My gradation is July 28 (but I haven?t been enrolled in any classes since January), then I have to apply for documents in MESYCT. I can?t apply until I get my cedula, because I want to pay the Dominican rate for the documents. Any comments or suggestions?

Also, how long does the process take to get the cedula and verify documents in the ministry?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Uhhh, I think you need to be a resident to get a c?dula, don't you?

Why can't you leave the country? There is no requirement to have a c?dula to leave the country.

I think you want a c?dula so you pay Dominican student rates for your certifications, right? Well you would need to establish residency here first and that takes about a year or so.. So figure what it costs to live here a year versus what it costs to pay for those documents right now....hardly seems worth it, right?

Cordially,

HB

qnbuscas

Oct 26, 2008
that?s partly it, but i studied medicine, and after graduation is a pasantia (yr of rural medicine), and i figured that?s the best bet to cover that time as well. i don?t know. maybe there is another visa. i just doubted it.