needed : Professional Welder

joannadee

Oct 2, 2007
Hello ,

I am looking for a professional welder , who also knows about the places where you can buy cheaper metal . This person needs to understand the construction of the project and needs to advise . It is a project where knowledge about sorts of metal is needed .

thanks ,

Joanna

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Good luck! I was waiting for a welder to come to my place this morning, but in true Dominican style, he never showed up and never called.

I have a good mind to find somebody else to do the job and when this guy finally shows up, the job will be done.

But like you I am looking for a professional welder who will come as promised, has all the right tools and equipment and knows his stuff. Alas that's a tall order in this country.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Excellent Welders

I'm in Cabarete, don't know where Joanna is?

Must I?
And are you Joanna? ?

The person (Spaniard) I know is not near there, sorry.

Excellent welders are found in Santiago and SD in the industrial zones.
I had two diesel tanks made a few years ago after a local guy had ruined the job.
Often it's worthwhile to pay for somebody's travel and get the job done right.

donP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I happen to have an outstanding welder. He was one of my son's very very best friends. He has years of experience in major industrial situations and is currently here working on some things.

Let me know if you want him to got up there.

He is in Santiago.

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We stumbled on a great guy, but he's on the south coast in Palenque. I say stumbled because we happened to see he and his men working on a house and liked what we saw.

We needed a 35' x 20' raised patio enclosed, including roof.

He took us to the hierro place to buy our choice of iron and roofing, had it delivered to our property, brought his crew and generator, and proceeded to create exactly what we wanted. On time. On budget. Reasonable. Shocking, I know.

I'd highly recommend him to anyone on south coast, PM me for contact info. [Only speaks Spanish]

#2 grandson enjoying a coconut in his giant playpen:

GEDC0082.jpg

It was only partially finished the day we had the 9th day novena for my suegra there, but you can see the roofing in this photo.
GEDC0066.jpg

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Nice Patio Construction

... but you can see the roofing in this photo.

I do like the picture of the enclosure, cage, whatever... ;)
To evaluate the welding I'd need a closeup of the welding joints and an X-ray maybe... :laugh:

[But from here (Saman?) it does look well made.]

donP

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
good welder in el factor de nagua. along hyway. victor. cant miss shop. dont have number handy but if you look for him you will find him. has done much work for me and always did well. i work in heavy construction and know good from bad welding. if you really need number let me know and ill find it good luck

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
not very far from samana. pass nagua fo san fran. maybe 10 minutes after nagua. tell him stephen sent you. speaks some english. finishes at quoted price. professional