Verbal agreements/ transfer of title

Margaux Mrzyk

May 18, 2012
Hello,

My family bought a membership in Puerto Plata dating back to 2005.
The contract speaks about members and what they can and cannot do. however, it mentions nothing about member guests (me). during the signing of the contract, a verbal agreement was made between my parents and membership that when I shall travel there I will be given the same benefits as my parents ( ie golf cart, restaurant access,VIP beach and pool access). When i went in 2007 this was true.

I am now going and they wrote an email that everything is no longer accesible to my group. is this a breach of contract.

My aunt is a shareholder (highest level attainable). She can get access to everything for her guests. The company is not allowing the transfer of our confirmation to her name. Is there a law in the dominican republic regarding transfer?

Thank you very much for your help

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Sounds like a Vacation Membership in Lifestyles in Cofresi, they are the only ones offering Shareholder memberships. As far as verbal agreements, its as good as the paper its written on. The guy that gave you that verbal clause is probably long gone by now.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sounds like a Vacation Membership in Lifestyles in Cofresi, they are the only ones offering Shareholder memberships. As far as verbal agreements, its as good as the paper its written on. The guy that gave you that verbal clause is probably long gone by now.

I agree with hammerdown. The "verbal agreement" sounds like something the salesman said to clinch the sale.