Obtaining legal paperwork for non resident

Wil_Vic2011

May 20, 2012
Hello, I am new to DR1. I have been looking around the internet for some information to a sticky situation - I have come across DR1 many times in my searches and and seen a lot of useful information and insight.

I wonder if anyone can give me any information regarding Haitians living in Dominican. My friend was born in Haiti but has lived life in Dominican since infancy. (30 years) Both biological parents are deseased for many years. They hold a Cedula from 2006 and a valid Drivers licence (renewed in April of this year).

What can be done to obtain a Dominican passport/paperwork in this situation...if anything? Would their adoptive parents have to declare them as their own - even though they are an adult now? Does the fact that they themself have a Dominican child change anything?

If they travel to Haiti to get the 1 year visa that I have heard about is there a chance they will be denied and get stranded in Haiti?

I would like to begin a life with this person but I do not know what they can or cannot do, what options they have - if any...

Any advise/ information would be greatly appreciated.

First post and so many questions.... :s Many thanks !