anyone any info/experience with seawinds?

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Hey Guys,

does anyone have any experience or info on the apartments at seawinds?

Punta Goleta - Cabarete, Dominican Republic

i am thinking about moving and they showed me a pretty nice 2 bedroom with sea view and all those stuff, newly furnished. the first price they offered was in a range so that the final price will be acceptable.

i just looked extremely empty (not a single car in the whole parking space) and when i was jogging today at the beach also all window fronts looked unoccupied.

so, if anyone has any info how it is to live there, i'd be very interested.

thanks,
chris

Jan 17, 2009
I've heard they have very few tenants. They haven't been open for long. As long as they have good security, I would go for it. You can probably negotiate a good price. Do you mind sharing how much they are asking for a two bedroom?

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
first price was 1500/month + electricity.

its a 2bedroom, 3rd floor or so, 160m2 plus balcony for all rooms.
so something like 1200/month /wo electricity should be reasonable.

they do have security to the street, need to see if its also covered at the beach, never payed attention to them when passing by.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I would go for it providing the security and services you need are there. The apartments are some of the best designed I've seen and having that beach and pool pretty much to yourself is a good thing! Compare to Ocean Point I where you have to jockey for parking almost every weekend (or so I'm told by residents there) and I think you would find SeaWinds to be preferable.

Jan 17, 2009
160 square meters is a very good size and furnished, for $1,600 plus electricity, sounds very good to me in that building. Obviously, if you can get it for $1,200 much better. I would be concerned about security on the beach side. Check that first. The main road entrance is gated so that shouldn't be a problem.