Sosua Documentary

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Sad. But there a few things I don?t understand.

The literacy teacher that was talking to the pregnant 15-year-old?the girl said the father was 30-years-old (which will get you some hard time in the slammer in just about any place outside the DR), and from the pictures that flashed by, it looked like he was a Dominican man. The story continues with this teacher saying these girls end up in Sosua (although I think she was already in Sosua since the first story with the children looked like they were in Sosua, and the story is titled ?Sosua Documentary?) with ?very old white men?always the same?.

And then the story went to a much older Dominican prostitute (48?) looking for johns at the bars in Sosua.

I am not a big defender of the guys that hang out in Sosua, but from the video, it didn?t appear you could lay any of this 15-year-olds problems at the feet of the old white guys hanging out in Sosua.

I am not trying to be a jerk, they were all interesting stories on their own, but what was the common thread that was supposed to tie them all together? Or were they just 3 random stories?

Thanks.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
One more thing. Last time I was there, I seem to recall a fair amount of black non-Domincans (Americans in my case) trying to help the population of young women in Sosua achieve full employment as well. It is not a black\white issue. It is older guys (non-Dominican black\white, as well as Dominican men) having sex with young Dominican girls. Again, just about anyplace else, mistake of age is not a defense to serious child sex offender charges, no how much you pay.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Sad. But there a few things I don’t understand.

The literacy teacher that was talking to the pregnant 15-year-old…the girl said the father was 30-years-old (which will get you some hard time in the slammer in just about any place outside the DR), and from the pictures that flashed by, it looked like he was a Dominican man. The story continues with this teacher saying these girls end up in Sosua (although I think she was already in Sosua since the first story with the children looked like they were in Sosua, and the story is titled “Sosua Documentary”) with “very old white men…always the same”.

And then the story went to a much older Dominican prostitute (48?) looking for johns at the bars in Sosua.

I am not a big defender of the guys that hang out in Sosua, but from the video, it didn’t appear you could lay any of this 15-year-olds problems at the feet of the old white guys hanging out in Sosua.

I am not trying to be a jerk, they were all interesting stories on their own, but what was the common thread that was supposed to tie them all together? Or were they just 3 random stories?

Thanks.

There are probably just as many middle-age men sex tourists in Sosua as the "very old white men."

Tell you the truth, in present day Sosua, I don't know who is exploiting whom more, the prostitute and their client or the client and the prostitute.

From what I've seen, a good percentage of Dominican men are the biggest exploiters of women there.

They talk one girl into sex, get her pregnant (at least the tourists use condoms), then move onto another girl....and they're physically and mentally abusive to the women as well. And forget about child support from the deadbeats.

The vast majority of prostiitutes in Sosua are single mothers with children fathered from a Dominican.....what does that tell you??????

That's why they are soliciting sex, literally to feed their family......

Same thing as well in the Philippines, but not to the extent of the DR, I think.

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
One more thing. Last time I was there, I seem to recall a fair amount of black non-Domincans (Americans in my case) trying to help the population of young women in Sosua achieve full employment as well. It is not a black\white issue. It is older guys (non-Dominican black\white, as well as Dominican men) having sex with young Dominican girls. Again, just about anyplace else, mistake of age is not a defense to serious child sex offender charges, no how much you pay.

Girls get married at 15 in DR, are you telling me this should mean imprisonment?
You can not pass a law that says marriage is fine but sex with your husband is not, it is a contradiction in itself. Besides, 15, 16? Such difference? Not really, everyone matures at different rates. It is pretty average to be having sex by the age of 15 all over the world, Europe, America, Canada, the age of sexual consent is not an issue. Kids are screwing around by this age, just in a developed world they consider the consequences and more often use protection.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
not exactly a 'documentary' if it is 3.5 minutes long i assume there is another 36 minutes of film somewhere??

Hopefully, a trailer for something more expansive and in depth. She touched on a few controversial themes. The mongers caught on video might not be too happy though.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Girls get married at 15 in DR, are you telling me this should mean imprisonment?
You can not pass a law that says marriage is fine but sex with your husband is not, it is a contradiction in itself. Besides, 15, 16? Such difference? Not really, everyone matures at different rates. It is pretty average to be having sex by the age of 15 all over the world, Europe, America, Canada, the age of sexual consent is not an issue. Kids are screwing around by this age, just in a developed world they consider the consequences and more often use protection.

But officer, Givadogahome said it was no big deal on DR1. 15?, 16? what ever. She said she was 18 and she has a kid.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Hopefully, a trailer for something more expansive and in depth. She touched on a few controversial themes.

The mongers caught on video might not be too happy though.

Excuse me!

You must have been watching a different video.

I saw one guy sitting at the (sidewalk) bar.
Several guys walking pass the (sidewalk) bar.
One guy talking to a female (Age Unknown) in a bar.

Somebody had a video camera.

Since when does any of those activities make someone a "monger"?

You are saying that ANY MALE in or PASSING a bar is a monger?

By your definition I am a "monger" because the other day I was in a Sosua bar/restaurant eating breakfast and waiting around for my friends computer to be repaired.......

Report facts, not delusions.

Did you not realize the first bar in the video was at sidewalk level and besides the guy leaning on the bar, the other men were passing by? You can tell that when the cars go by.

If there was "mongering" going on, it was not caught on that video.
The video images were shot from a distance and/or across the street, so no conversations were recorded to implicate ANY thing.

A very "poor" attempt at bad propaganda.

Mongering does happen in Sosua and eles where, but to label the men in that video as "mongers" is not true in my opinion.

PS: For clarification, I'm not in that video.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011

No reason to get sensitive, misconstrue or misinterpret. I didn't say anyone in particular was a monger.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
No reason to get sensitive, misconstrue or misinterpret. I didn't say anyone in particular was a monger.

No, but you sure the hell implicated those in the video were, and why, because they were in a bar?

I won't give you a "Dislike" to your post as you did mind as that would be childishness.

I did dis-agree with your post.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Viajero
Posts 164

Post Thanks / Like

Likes (Given)
Likes (Received)
Dislikes (Given)
Dislikes (Received)

Last edited:

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
No, but you sure the hell implicated those in the video were, and why, because they were in a bar?

I won't give you a "Dislike" to your post as you did mind as that would be childishness.

I did dis-agree with your post.

LOL, for all you know, I might be in front of Clasicos with a buddy and talking about myself or I might see myself or someone I know somewhere else in the video. Or, perhaps it was just a general statement. Your defensive and colorful response is amusing.

topdeckgames

Oct 26, 2011
So, Dominican guy knocks her up, against the law, and is never seen again. Gringo gives her money for sex. Take the gringo out of the picture.

What does she do for money now?

Where does the family do for money now?

What did they do before a few decades ago? Somehow I don't think this getting pregnant and the guy hauling ass is something new.

As an occasional monger(hey, I'm middle aged, it's not full time), maybe I am biased, but these questions are still pertinent. And do you hear of abuse by the old white guys? I doubt it.

And a 48 year old hooker? Probably starving to death. I might as well call myself a gigolo and see who feels sorry for me.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It looks like a trailer for a longer film.
Sosoua is how Sosua would be spelled in French, and the presenter (teacher) seems to be a French speaker.
There was no mention of the nationality of the father of the 15-year old's baby.
The 48-year old is Haitian, not Dominican.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I know Dominicans get defensive when someone points out some of their perceived ingrained cultural faults as seen through the eyes of a Westerner, but really...

Underage sex and no birth control isn't a model to move the country forward, and it certainly does nothing to keep the nuclear family above desperation level.

After a while, do these people not collectively look around and say "Hey, this ain't working for us", or is the "live for today" credo too ingrained for any other viewpoint to be considered?

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011

Fortunately, not everyone has the free time to research other members and write long, unrelated, multi-color responses that are laced with insults and misspellings.
</SPAN>
Some of us choose to utilize the "like" and “dislike” functions to express an opinion about a post. If you feel that is “childish” relative to your modus operandi that says something about you.
</SPAN>

Last edited:

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
I have to point out the earlier posts. These girls go to Sosua after they have children with Dominican men. A great movie would be showing teenagers the benefits of birth control. Im wondering tho as the filmaker seems be up the stick herself if it might be hypocrisy. Alec Baldwin just married his yoga instructor who is 30 years his junior make a documentary about how she is being exploited for money. Look at Donald Trump his wives are all thirty years younger. Where is the outrage here? Former French President Sarkozy with Carla Brunei twenty plus year difference. Men with money get young women. Its the same all over the world. The poverty level in the DR makes a regular guy feel like Brad Pitt. Its legal and no one forces these girls. I feel sorrier for the guys who get wrapped up with these chicas.

The DR as with most island cultures have different views about sex and age differences. I would say that most tourists are actually more concerned about having sex with minors than the natives. Wouldnt be a great golf trip if the wife has to wire money to get you out of jail