Lawyers too busy???

Jan 22, 2010
Are all the lawyers now so busy, that they can't respond a pm....

That makes me think that all that residency stuff is more a fact to earn some extra cash...

T.E.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Are all the lawyers now so busy, that they can't respond a pm....

That makes me think that all that residency stuff is more a fact to earn some extra cash...

T.E.

What lawyers are you talking about?

If you mean Fabio Guzman who answers questions in the legal section, he answers some of the questions that are posted that are of general interest, he doesn't provide free legal advice via PMs. DR1 is not a substitute for direct contact with a lawyer when you feel the need for legal advice.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Ill bet if you called his office you would get a call back much more expeditiously. In my experience potential clients who only contact on the net are price shopping or looking for unpaid consulting.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I even contacted him via his website since more then 10 days...
As I saw indeed his name on this site

T.E.

He is not active in the practice any longer. He is the managing director but not practicing from the office. He travels a lot and perhaps has not seen your message. However, if you were asking more than general info, he may not. I have noted that he doesn't respond to questions in the Legal section as much as he once did, So it is very possible that his present
activities are keeping him too busy to be as involved as previously.

It could also be that your inquiry has no response at this time since, as he and others have said, nothing is yet finalized.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Why not just make an appointment for a paid hour consultation?

Guaranteed you'll get attention.

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
I even contacted him via his website since more then 10 days...
As I saw indeed his name on this site

T.E.

T.E., I checked and your PM was received on June 30th; you did not include an e-mail to reply to nor have we any records of an information request being sent through our website from neither a T.E. nor anyone else with fractions of your PM. As he has informed regular forum members before, if you require assistance or wish to be contacted in a timely manner send an email to info@drlawyer.com or through our website's contact section, instead of PMing him. He checks the legal forum regularly once a week and while the PM's are sent directly to info@drlawyer.com we would not be able to get back to you, if you do not include your e-mail on your PM.

Feel free to call any of Guzman Ariza's offices; the initial consultation is free of charge.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
I chech the forum more or less weekly. I don't answer PM's since I don't have the time. I'm no longer involved directly with the clientele of my firm. Apart from my administrative duties as Managing Partner in Guzman Ariza, my time is now spent overseeing case strategy and writing on matters of law and language. My new book on the language of the Dominican Constitution will be published in October.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
it is going to cost you between 2000 and 2600 dollars to get this card in reasonable time..I have had some quotes but I believe there are non lawyers who do it faster and cheaper but I do not know where to find them ,,seems you have to grease palms in this matter as in others

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
it is going to cost you between 2000 and 2600 dollars to get this card in reasonable time..I have had some quotes but I believe there are non lawyers who do it faster and cheaper but I do not know where to find them ,,seems you have to grease palms in this matter as in others

Guzman Ariza charges far less than this per person for either one of the residencies (temporary or permanent); certainly below 2,000. Feel free to request a quote.