New Mexican Resto

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I recently found a new Mexican Restaurant in Bella Vista on Dr. Defillo esq. Cesar Augosto Roque. This is right directly across from the "DuME" Colmado one street north of Sarasota on Defillo.

It just opened and has an American owner/operator-very clean, excellent service and traditional Mexican, tacos, burritos, nachos etc etc. So far i have tried all of the above and excellent!

Another bonus is the beer selection which includes German, Belgian, Czech, and more, so an excellent find and must try for sure.

He does a delivery in the area as well, so give it a go!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Another Mexican and still no curry house, you would think what with all the Indians living in the cap these days someone would get that covered.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Will definitely give the place a try. Thanks!

How are their prices?... dont want to get shell shocked when I pick up the menu.... LOL

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Will definitely give the place a try. Thanks!

How are their prices?... dont want to get shell shocked when I pick up the menu.... LOL

Not totally sure on exact pricing but seems reasonable to me. Four of us yesterday had meals and about 8 german beers and came in under 2600 dop. The specialty beers range from 160-250 i believe and local beers at lower price as usual.

Food is good, worth a try for sure.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

Not totally sure on exact pricing but seems reasonable to me. Four of us yesterday had meals and about 8 german beers and came in under 2600 dop. The specialty beers range from 160-250 i believe and local beers at lower price as usual.

Food is good, worth a try for sure.

Doesn't sound too bad. I ate at a Mexican place right by sister's apartment (close to 27 and Lincoln) about two years ago. Anyhow the food was so so and we just had a couple of Presidentes. Bill for 5 people was close to 4,000 pesos...Everyone just had typical run of the mill Mexican fare.

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Thanks ExPat for your kind words and we are very happy you found us and enjoyed the place! We just opened June 28th and we are working very hard to have the best tasting, freshest and highest quality burritos, tacos, nachos, quesadillas, etc..., at a great price and with quick service. As of now we offer Al Pastor, Carnitas, Shredded Chicken, Shrimp (Gambas), and Ground Beef. Thanks again, and we welcome your feedback!

Ernest & Wendy

CA Burrito Shop
Av. Dr. Defillo #4 entre Av. Betancourt y Av. Sarasota (casi esq. Av. Sarasota)
Bella Vista, Santo Domingo
809-532-9222

Last edited:

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Drove by the other day and just couldnt find it....What side of the street is it on? E or W? Closer to Romulo or Sarasota? I'll make sure not to go at rush hour next time... lol

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Another Mexican and still no curry house, you would think what with all the Indians living in the cap these days someone would get that covered.

Have a look on Youtube...... Titli Nahaan curry recipes, if you can stand her sense of humor, you will have a great time cooking these dishes, and as I found out, all the ingredients are available here in SD. Her recipe for Madras is exceptional.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Drove by the other day and just couldnt find it....What side of the street is it on? E or W? Closer to Romulo or Sarasota? I'll make sure not to go at rush hour next time... lol

If going down (south) on Defillo from 27th Feb- it will be on your right ( westside) one block before Sarasota Ave. Has an entrance on two sides(one being Defillo) as its kind of a corner location with a Banca in the middle.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Finally found the place tonight and wow, blown away with the quality of everything I ordered. The price is more than reasonable (2 burritos - 1 chicken 1 shredded pork, a large nacho with shredded pork and a shredded pork quesadilla for $710). The burritos were excellent and the nachos were full of toppings. The pork is seasoned with some really awesome spices (Great job on that one Aspire! :) ) Beats any other mexican restaurant I have tried in this country. The establishment was extremely clean and everything looked very hygenic.

Young lady at the counter even asked us to call if we had any suggestions. Suggestions?!?? In the D.R.??!!? Awesome service, awesome food, great place! Hope it stays in business for a long time as I have a new favorite place to eat.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Finally found the place tonight and wow, blown away with the quality of everything I ordered. The price is more than reasonable (2 burritos - 1 chicken 1 shredded pork, a large nacho with shredded pork and a shredded pork quesadilla for $710). The burritos were excellent and the nachos were full of toppings. The pork is seasoned with some really awesome spices (Great job on that one Aspire! :) ) Beats any other mexican restaurant I have tried in this country. The establishment was extremely clean and everything looked very hygenic.

Young lady at the counter even asked us to call if we had any suggestions. Suggestions?!?? In the D.R.??!!? Awesome service, awesome food, great place! Hope it stays in business for a long time as I have a new favorite place to eat.

Yes, I go there a few times a week. Great service, food etc etc. The owner is a good guy from the USA-I encourage all to support as we all know how hard it is to keep your head above water in the DR Resto Biz! Dont want to lose the good ones!

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Thanks & Facebook

Wow, NV, thank you so much for your kind words! We were so happy to learn your experience was a good one. We are working hard to bring great-tasting, healthy, and fresh "fast food" to Santo Domingo. Check out our web page on facebook and "like it" so you get the chance to win a dinner for four - CA Burrito Shop | Facebook -! Also, thanks Expat for your continued support!

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
We carry a number of imported beers: Belgian, Czech & German. By far the best prices in the city!

Maredsous 10
McChouffe
Erdinger - Pikantus, Kristal, Champ, Dunkel, Weibbier
St. Martin
Bernards
Gueuze Lambic
Engel