Cable TV

T

Tom

Anyone know if Cable TV is available in Sosua/Cabarete. If so, are you able to receive major US Neyworks (CBS< NBC< FOX<ABC) and HBO etc. And is it available in English, not subtitled?

If it is available, what can I expect for installation cost, time etc?

Thanks

Tom

J

jim

i don't know about sosua but i just ordered it for my house in pto pta 250 pesos installation fee,47 chanels,and yes you do get some major U.S. stations.

D

DR One

Re: Cable TV & Re: PUBLIC INET KIOSKS

There are several Internet Cafes in Santo Domingo -- at Plaza Andalucia (Calle Gustavo Mejia Ricart), or Plaza Universitaria (Av. Sarasota). In Puerto Plata, understand there is one at the Playa Dorada mall.

D

DR One

Note you can also buy time at the Codetel and Tricom telecommunications centers located all throughout the country.

C

CARLO, II

SINCE THE SUBJECT IS ELECTRONIC MEDIUM, CAN YOU TELL ME IF ANYWHERE IN THE DR ARE THERE PUBLIC INTERNET/EMAIL KIOSKS LIKE AT THE AIRPORT, HOTEL LOBBYS, ETC., AS WELL AS ANY INTERNET/CYBER CAFES ON THE ENTIRE ISLAND. MY FAMILY AND I ARE GOING FOR A 1-MONTH VACATION. HELP/THX.

C

CARLO, II

THANK YOU "DR One" FOR THE INFO ON THE PIK'S....MUCH APPRECIATED. SHOULD THERE BE ANY OTHER ISLAND HOTEL LOCATIONS ANY ELSE IS AWARE, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO INFORM. ACCESS TO INET/EMAIL IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO MY WORK THAT ACCESS TO SAME DOES INFLUENCE WHAT HOTEL WE ULTIMATELY CHOSE. AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR THE INFO.