Gaudi Italian Restaurant in Sosua

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
I had dinner at Gaudi last night and it is definitely a new favorite. The pasta with porcini mushrooms was as good as it gets, and at about 250 pesos for a large portion, a great deal. I wish them lots of luck. I'll be a regular. For anyone who doesn't know, it's on Pedro Clisante in the courtyard next to EPS and was previously a Spanish tapas restaurant.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I had dinner at Gaudi last night and it is definitely a new favorite. The pasta with porcini mushrooms was as good as it gets, and at about 250 pesos for a large portion, a great deal. I wish them lots of luck. I'll be a regular. For anyone who doesn't know, it's on Pedro Clisante in the courtyard next to EPS and was previously a Spanish tapas restaurant.

Boil water add Pasta....Porcini mushrooms re hydrate and add to Pasta.....very sophisticated.

No shave regiano parmasean ....white truffel oil ?

OOPs I forgot.....it's Sosua

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
New management and chef for sure - from Italy. I don't know who owns the place. My dinner companion also loved his ravioli - i think it had spinach & sage. The ravioli portion was not as large as my tagliatelle with porcini.

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
Does this joint have pizza? Typically enjoy the ambiance of the places of Cabarete right On the beach. Sosua is pretty damn sketchy and dangerous. Is it worth the risk of checking the joint out???

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Does this joint have pizza? Typically enjoy the ambiance of the places of Cabarete right On the beach. Sosua is pretty damn sketchy and dangerous. Is it worth the risk of checking the joint out???
You are better off staying in Cabarete, Sosua can be very dangerous. Last time I ate Pizza in Sosua, I wound up in bed with a beautiful Mocana waitress and she kidnapped me to Moca to her family for dinner.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Same thing happened to me last time I was there. Those Mocanas get you into bed, there's no telling what can happen.

I'd watch my back and stay on the Jersey Shore, if I were you....

Hi-9

Jun 22, 2012

With all those "dangerous" Dominicanas roaming about in Sosua, yes, you need to stay away so brave souls like myself can run towards the dangers. Not sure where you get your info.