Laboratory in Santiago qualifications:(equipment)s

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
Once again I am lured back to my old friends here on DR1 where I have received advice from construction materials, hotels and Pools, and many other subjects. The construction learned the hard way but completed project a little over budget non-the less. Also on renting everyone was right renting out store front is better than being a socio with someone they just rob you blind lolol. But none the less I am embarking on another endeavor in DR was there a few weeks ago getting married to my honey.

Here is the real question that I would like some information on. I live close to a hospital which is very busy and there was a lab for blood work close to house . This lab was usually always busy even though the hospital has one inside people still went to other one because of the waiting. The lab sometimes sent out the blood work to other labs why I dont know but the lab was basic not high tech. But when I went to Santiago this time around I found that the lab was closed down and I asked some of the people that live around there what happened . They said the stopped paying rent on store front and I guess the financed some of the equipment and bad administration. But it wasn't for lack of clients when I was there people were still looking for the Lab. Sometimes the would be open till late at night 1-2am especially if there was an outbreak of cold,flu, ect .

I realized this could be a great opportunity to open a new Lab very close to accomodate nothing extravagant but enough space for the Lab similar to old one. Now I know nothing about Lab and taking blood work but I can take a couple of courses here in Miami to know the basics. What I really would like to do is just find out what would I need for equipment to start a simple Lab I can always expand in the future. I can hire the Lab technician from across hospital or get recommendations as they are very friendly but I wasnt able to ask anyone there while I was there because of other commitments . I just would like to run the Lab and have certified lab techs. They had one tech , a secretary, and employee . There were about 3-4 working in there. If anyone can give me a heads up or refer someone that I can ask . Im not lookin to have the most expensive equipment my budget would be around 5k to start for equipment (the rent is covered already ). I am so close to hitting that homerun to be able to stay down there with income. The advantage of all this is the hospital if I where a sonogram tech I would do well but the machines are well into the 10-15k plus classes, at this point that is out of hand and something I would probably not enjoy but Lab could be a better fit. I would be down there working no more socio's(jajaja)

Thank you to my DR1 compats!!!

Not sure if I posted on correct forum . Please move to correct one if not .
Once again . Thank you

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Much like anything in the US many business need to be registered. Also, I expect with a business like this you will need to associate yourself with a certified lab technician/doctor or whatever is required in order to get registered and certified. Beware because they are notoriously slow when it comes to health related permitting here. You might be talking about 6 mos to a year. It appears you will need to get a license from the Direcci?n General de Drogas y Farmacias. Bienvenido a la Direcci?n General de Drogas y Farmacias

BTQ, I have a friend who is getting his health permit to import pharmaceutics and he is doing it himself because the best price he could get from a consultant to do the paperwork was RD150,000 I believe, and he maybe able to offer some advice if you speak Spanish.