Air Canada flight to Toronto - options

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
I am based in Santo Domingo and I'm looking to fly Air Canada to Toronto in March. Which is the closest - best- option - La Romana or Samana? Do they have long term parking ... if so how much does it cost? I'll be gone about a week and I will need to leave my vehicle at the airport. Thank you.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My guess is Samana..... POP not an option.

Don't forget WestJet.... Samana

Both , or others, may serve PUJ and la Romana

You should have many options

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Probably Puerto Plata with a stop over in Montreal or direct to Toronto... I would look into Westjet and get pricing... Air Canada is wayyyyyy overpriced unless you get a seat sale... I flew in May (Toronto-Montreal-Puerto Plata) for $99 plus tax roundtrip... day after I bought the tickets seat sale ended and prices were $1274+tax for same flight !!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just booked WestJet the other day - yyz to Samana.
Seat sale $118 + taxes for one leg and $189 + for the other leg.

I hadn't planned on going but the deal was too good.

Not $99, but almost 1/2 of what I have paid other times

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I just booked WestJet the other day - yyz to Samana.
Seat sale $118 + taxes for one leg and $189 + for the other leg.

I hadn't planned on going but the deal was too good.

Not $99, but almost 1/2 of what I have paid other times

Wow! that sounds really cheap, from Dec 10, westjet YYZ to PUJ return is about $800
oops, I just realized you didnt include the taxes, so you are really close to $700?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Wow! that sounds really cheap, from Dec 10, westjet YYZ to PUJ return is about $800
oops, I just realized you didnt include the taxes, so you are really close to $700?

No, nicely under $500 R/T -- $470 but that includes a seat selelction.
I often have to pay that fro one ways.

Always cheaper from Newark/NYC... I spend time in both Can and US, so it doesn't matter to me.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
I am based in Santo Domingo and I'm looking to fly Air Canada to Toronto in March. Which is the closest - best- option - La Romana or Samana? Do they have long term parking ... if so how much does it cost? I'll be gone about a week and I will need to leave my vehicle at the airport. Thank you.

Air Canada is a complete ripoff. I would first look for a cheaper flight, skyservice, sunwing, westjet etc.