Japanese Garden in Jard?n Bot?nico Nacional - SO SAD!

miozio

May 23, 2009
Remember that tall Palm tree in Japanese garden? Well, it's GONE!!! I don't know how you feel about this but I was so shocked. It made the whole landscape unique. I asked what happened to it but couldn't get a reasonable answer. Anybody knows?

JapGarden600.jpg

miozio

May 23, 2009
Here is the video of the garden before this incident

[video=youtube;guOH2DrexUQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guOH2DrexUQ[/video]

miozio

May 23, 2009
Someone said it was eaten by termites.... well I doubt so. The possible scenario is that someone decided that palm trees don't belong to a "Japanese" garden. And who cares about it as long as we have millions of them in the country!

If termites ate it, they need to plant another one on the same place!!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I will get a message to Mamoru Matsunaga, the man who made that garden for the Botanical Garden. I was there when he was hip deep in the pond placing the stones "just so"....

It is quite possible that woodpeckers had seriously damaged that coconut tree...they did it to mine...and yes, another one should be planted forthwith!!

HB

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I think that someone should start an online petition as message to the park authorities that we want the tree back.

You can count me in.

miozio

May 23, 2009
I will get a message to Mamoru Matsunaga, the man who made that garden for the Botanical Garden. I was there when he was hip deep in the pond placing the stones "just so"....

It is quite possible that woodpeckers had seriously damaged that coconut tree...they did it to mine...and yes, another one should be planted forthwith!!

HB

Thank you Hillbilly
Please post back when he replies

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I lost a "palm Tree", and an awning during "Issac".
I live very close to the "Jardin Botanico" and the wind was relly strong.
The tree was very tall and exposed, could have easily blown down.
I visit there often,and always take visitors to SD there. It is like being on another planet!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I lost a "palm Tree", and an awning during "Issac".
I live very close to the "Jardin Botanico" and the wind was relly strong.
The tree was very tall and exposed, could have easily blown down.
I visit there often,and always take visitors to SD there. It is like being on another planet!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
One of my ATF places on the planet.

That huge, spread-out tree in the Japanese Gardens is epic.

miozio

May 23, 2009
They could expand the area and to make it cheap, why not allowing native Japanese to build their homes there and decorate the gardens. Just a thought :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was able to talk to Matsunaga, the man who created the garden>

He told me that the palm was hit by lightening. They will not replace it, since it has no place in a Japanese Garden.

End of Story.

HB