Three Amigos - in Sosua

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I just tried this place today for the first time. I was going to add to the previous post but it's been closed...

I thought the food was great for what it was...good, fresh, Mexican style tacos, burritos, quesadillas, etc. It's very similar to one of my favorite restaurants on the North Coast..Gorditos in Cabarete, so in other words..it's more like a Chipotle Grill than an authentic Mexican Taqueria...and that's what it's supposed to be like...

As far as comparison to Gorditos, I would say it's similar in quality and "freshness"...slightly smaller portions at a slightly lower price. The service at Gorditos is definitely better, but the service was fine...also Gorditos has more variety, including excellent fish tacos, both grilled and fried. Gorditos also uses a touch more spice, not heat, just a bit more flavor.

If I was in the mood for fast and fresh Mexican style food and location wasn't an issue, I'd lean towards Gorditos, but if I was already in Sosua, I'd go to Three Amigos...

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Couldn't agree more, both are great places although Gordito's just pips them to the post as the better of the two

el tibby

Aug 21, 2006
AMAZING!! is all i will say about CHI-CHI tacos next to classicos!!

i will start by saying that i love three amigos as well, fresh,clean, mike and the girls r great to talk with n the food is very cheap!!

but today i ate the best shrimp salad at chi-chi's and it was fresh n spicy the way i like it... also i would like to add they make fresh fish tacos... something three amigo's dosent make !! what makes me completly suprised is that the previous owners didnt do such a good job and i heard a few even got sick... so i was very unsure about going back to this place.... but i did give it a shot about a month ago.... the owner is a very nice canadian guy and is always there and seems to be on top of all the ordering and menu changes... he once had pizza rolls which dosent fit the mexican theme but they were very good and it showed me that he was tryin hard to get the attention of new customers with new ideas... i bought in to it and i can say " its been very good!!"

as i said before, quesadillas are tasty, fish/chix/pork tacos are fresh !! always have something new on the board for the day thats very good and fresh jucies to drink.... i luv gorditos in cabarette, and if im there, im goin in... but i live in sosua... i strongly recommend givin this place CHI-CHI'S another chance...i think you be as suprised as me....