Volleyball champ seeks position in Gurabito Country Club or El Centro Espanol

maze8868

Oct 28, 2008
Hi: My friend is a volleyball champion who played on the national team and was slotted to accompany the team to the Olympics before she got pregnant. She is now captain of the Santiago team but her dream is to organize more leagues as well as help young girls develop confidence and skills.

I had the idea that some member of the Gurabito Country Club or El Centro Espanol might want to meet with her with the idea of presenting her to the Sports Department of the Club. Her unique expertise I am sure would bring honor and excitement to any organization that utilizes her unique talents.

Any other ideas would be gratefully accepted.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hi: My friend is a volleyball champion who played on the national team and was slotted to accompany the team to the Olympics before she got pregnant. She is now captain of the Santiago team but her dream is to organize more leagues as well as help young girls develop confidence and skills.

I had the idea that some member of the Gurabito Country Club or El Centro Espanol might want to meet with her with the idea of presenting her to the Sports Department of the Club. Her unique expertise I am sure would bring honor and excitement to any organization that utilizes her unique talents.

Any other ideas would be gratefully accepted.

Which country was she part of that went to London?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I would need to see a photo of her in those volleyball shorts before I could make a recommendation regarding her talents.

maze8868

Oct 28, 2008
pichardo, you are a very respected poster here and you obviously know something about Dominican volleyball, so i will try to clarify the situation to the best of my ability.

The player is Dionicia Almonte perez, or Glenis. She is 6 foot, 1 inches tall, 23, with a humble sweet character which changes into controlled fireworks on the gancha. She played with the national team including Milagros Cabral and she can get references from all of them. She got pregnant before the team was chosen, i believe was the story.

What a shame that this country does not do more for its athletes outside of baseball, who would bring additional honor and prestige to the DR. Glenis must work at a full time job, support her family and then work out without any financial aid. how many champions have been lost when a little nurturing might have let them fulfill their talents!

maze8868

Oct 28, 2008
pichardo, you are a very respected poster here and you obviously know something about Dominican volleyball, so i will try to clarify the situation to the best of my ability.

The player is Dionicia Almonte perez, or Glenis. She is 6 foot, 1 inches tall, 23, with a humble sweet character which changes into controlled fireworks on the gancha. She played with the national team including Milagros Cabral and she can get references from all of them. She got pregnant before the team was chosen, i believe was the story.

What a shame that this country does not do more for its athletes outside of baseball, who would bring additional honor and prestige to the DR. Glenis must work at a full time job, support her family and then work out without any financial aid. how many champions have been lost when a little nurturing might have let them fulfill their talents!

maze8868

Oct 28, 2008
pauleast, why would you make a remark that might lead people to question that you were anything but a gentleman....