Continental/United.......just gone crazy

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Since the merger seems Continental/United just can't get their act together. Once again a new boarding procedure.

United Airlines to change its boarding process?AGAIN

............The current ?new? boarding process consists of 8 different Zones (9 if you count the pre-boarding they offer), including one just for holders of the United Explorer credit card....

United Airlines to change its boarding process…AGAIN | Best airline mile and hotel credit cards - Reviews, calculators, guides - MileCards

For Elite Silver members gone are the days of 24 hour advance upgrade to Business First. Now in most cases the upgrade will happen at the gate. So if traveling with two pieces of checked baggage you will have to pay for the second bag at check-in only to get upgraded at the gate which would then make you eligible for a second checked bag free, but too late as you already paid.

Continental/United you losing it...................

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Kind of old news. The article you linked to was published back in April. Of more concern to me is the apparent cutbacks in United flights to the DR and the higher prices.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Since the merger,I no longer travel thru United.Instead it has been Delta or American Airlines.
But this time when I go back home to the DR in a couple of weeks,I'm going to give JetBlue a
try out of JFK.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Kind of old news. The article you linked to was published back in April. Of more concern to me is the apparent cutbacks in United flights to the DR and the higher prices.

The article is old but the new 8 group boarding just started September 1. What cutbacks are you speaking about? I only fly EWR to SDQ and the only schedule change I have noticed is the departure hour is now two hours later.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The article is old but the new 8 group boarding just started September 1. What cutbacks are you speaking about? I only fly EWR to SDQ and the only schedule change I have noticed is the departure hour is now two hours later.
I wish I had other choices but United is the only airline out of EWR with nonstop service to the DR.