dutch guy going to live in punta cana with dominican future wife

ehv74

Oct 11, 2012
Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hi there guys,everything ok? living well in the dominican paradise? i am new here,do not know if dutch people are welcome,or is this only for people from usa? i am a 38 young guy from Eindhoven Holland Europe with own internet shop over here,i am going to close it 20 october,this month after 3 years very good selling,honda moped parts,5 december i am leaving Holland,my mom and uncle are not happy with this,but it is my live not? i am going to live in Punta Cana in beautifull apartment 470$ per month,with my future dominican wife,we are going to marry in december,we are a christian cople,i sepak very good spanish,have lived in spain,and here in Holland i live in a half spanish neighbourhood, my cuestion is are yuo guys setteled yet? some one with own shop in the dom rep? if i have questions can i direct myself to your guys? do you guys like more usa or dom rep?
greetings Francois did not understand how to upload a pic:ermm:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Welcome, i have a feeling half this post should be in the Mars/Venus forum. There is also a legal forum you can consult on residency, starting a business or future Dominican exwifes. Good luck and budget twice as much as you expect to spend your first year.

Dec 26, 2011
Knowing the language well is crucial. As for knowing the culture, you'll continue to be baffled until your last day. :) I'm sure you know what I mean.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Welcome ehv74!. Best of lucks to you. Make sure to check ALL the subforums Jumbo suggested, priceless info there.

ehv74

Oct 11, 2012
Eindhoven, Netherlands
Welcome, i have a feeling half this post should be in the Mars/Venus forum. There is also a legal forum you can consult on residency, starting a business or future Dominican exwifes. Good luck and budget twice as much as you expect to spend your first year.
whaaat future exwifes also? hahaha this is not the plan i am having,will vieuw those forums

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Hello Francois, I am a Dutch guy, Christian as well, living with my Dominican wife in Santo Domingo. DR is fine as long as you have no children. We have three (2 born in Holland and 1 here) and are seriously considering if we should stay. Punts Cana is a whole lot different than Santo Domingo though.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Welcome to the board. I am a Belgian, but have worked for 7 years in Best.

Good luck with your future wife.

BelgianK

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you are coming here and need a job or wish to start a business I do not recommend that you do that. The competition is beyond what you would believe. On the other hand if you are completely retired with sufficient funds to live while you are here, go for it and see how you like it.

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
Hoi Eindhoven, welkom op het Forum. Altijd goed om andere Nederlanders hier te zien. Good Luck with your plans and please do write time to time on DR1 about your experiences.

ehv74

Oct 11, 2012
Eindhoven, Netherlands
If you are coming here and need a job or wish to start a business I do not recommend that you do that. The competition is beyond what you would believe. On the other hand if you are completely retired with sufficient funds to live while you are here, go for it and see how you like it.
do not need a job,if you refer working for a boss, i and my future wife where are going to work for us self with a shop,whe have enough starting money,no problem :)

eurodominican

Nov 19, 2005
com
Besides the fact that the competition will be very heavy because there are already plenty of Dominican motor repair shops where customers can let their motor bicycles repair and buy new and used parts. What special would you have to offer the costumers? Another problem will be the “fiau” ( op de pof ) they absolutely want to have and to get your money will be a big problem and can be even dangerous!!
This “paradise” is very different from what you are use to so don’t underestimate it!!
I would consider it very carefully before investing your money.
Alle geluk toegewenst ( wish you all the luck in the world; you will definitely need it ).