Just arrived, and already problems...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Problem #1-my friend, who is over there as we speak, spent time calling both numbers for these cab companies and got no responses-the phone just rang and rang and rang and no one picked up. This was at 6 p.m. and all I can assume is that the phone signals were bad. But just in case, I need to know if these are the correct numbers and if these companies stop picking up calls after a certain time-

Apolo Taxi 809-537-0000
Maxi Taxi 809-544-0077

Problem #2-some a$$holes told him not to go to La Base Sports Bar because it was "too dangerous". "Eso alla 'ta caliente!!!" were the exact words. Scared him off. Yes, I did tell him I've been there and it's a nice place, but apparently the dramatics of the person he was talking to caught him off-guard.

Problem #3-My friend wanted to go to a particular place, the cabbie told him he didn't know where it was even after being given the address. Decided to stay in for the night.

If any of you frequent travelers to the capital have the phone number of a cabbie you trust, please contact me via pm so I can pass the info along. I want my friend to go where he wants to go without this procession of idiots hampering his progress.

Last edited:

eldanes

Apr 6, 2011
Taxi driver SDQ

If any of you frequent travelers to the capital have the phone number of a cabbie you trust, please contact me via pm so I can pass the info along. I want my friend to go where he wants to go without this procession of idiots hampering his progress.

Berzin,

Although you on previous occasions have given me 2 infractions for helping other posters with similar queries I have PM'ed you with details of my personal and long standing friend who happens to be a taxi driver in SDQ.

Many thanks,
Michael

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Thanks for the help, Michael.

As for infractions, soliciting such information isn't an infractionable offense, so if I made a mistake and can go back and correct it I'll certainly do so.

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
Problem #1-my friend, who is over there as we speak, spent time calling both numbers for these cab companies and got no responses-the phone just rang and rang and rang and no one picked up. This was at 6 p.m. and all I can assume is that the phone signals were bad. But just in case, I need to know if these are the correct numbers and if these companies stop picking up calls after a certain time-

Apolo Taxi 809-537-0000
Maxi Taxi 809-544-0077
Apollo has had that number for ages, and I doubt they'd change it, since it may be costly to them (lost revenue)...I think they have (had) other numbers also, together with that one...Their website continues to show it, along with other info:
Apollo contact info
The most likely explanation is that there were many calls at that time (6pm), and perhaps the caller wasn't very patient.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
La base itself is of course safe (no pun intended). However, the surroundings are not as safe. Poor lighting due to blackouts, street hookers, etc. For someone who is not familiar with the place, I would not recommend him going by himself. I agree he should be free to go where he wants, but a honest warning should not be resented.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Castle-if you go there and leave via cab, the surrounding area isn't an issue. I'm just upset he didn't get to hang out there on a Friday night-those waitresses are incredible-at least they were last time I was there.