Hi, all.

gurseal

Nov 12, 2012
Hey, everybody.
I'm going to be bugging you for info on Dominican culture (if there are no threads that explain what I want to know), but I'll also be grateful for any answers that help me to understand things.

Don't know if I should place this question in this section, but a moderator will correct me if I'm wrong.

If you and others in your town are named for the same saint as your town's patron saint, do you play any kind of role in the town's celebration. / Por ejemplo, ?Qu? papel tuviera todos los Juanes en la celebraci?n municipal del pueblo cuyo santo patr?n es San Juan?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
If you and others in your town are named for the same saint as your town's patron saint, do you play any kind of role in the town's celebration.

Not even a free beer you'd get...
You obviously live in civilisation, don't you?

Welcome!

donP

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
I know a
luckenbach from the town in texas his family started. i worked with him. he got no special treatment . welcome to dr1

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
Welcome aboard to Dr1.I do not think that names are important in religious celebrations, just a guess;).
JT

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The only place I know of where that happens is Italy. Italians actually celebrate a second birthday on their saint's day.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Hello and welcome! There'll be nothing special going on for the Juanes at the San Juan patronales.