Any good fishing charters in the south coast that are recommended?

Nov 18, 2012
Used to post here several years ago but email no longer used and can't even remember old username. I have a chance to fly into SDQ for a great price. My wife is dominican but doesn't know anything about fishing and either does her family there because most of them live in EL Ceibo/Santiago area. I know the north coast has charters near Puerto Plata, etc but the airline tickets are like 300 dollars more to head into STI or POP. Plan on taking our oldest son with me, will be 10, and we could travel by Metro from SDQ to other destinations, done it several times over the last 10 years but is there any good fishing near the South Coast that is recommended. I am looking for a charter and will probably go 2 different times, probably at least one half day trip and a full. What is close is Juan Dolio and Boca Chica from SDQ airport but am unsure about the fishing availability there. I have been to Boca Chica with our whole family a couple of times and does have a nice beach in case our boy wants to swim in the shallow waters. I know about the seedy aspect of the town as well and the hustlers, etc. Any options near these areas or must I travel a few hours to get to Punta Cana which I researched and has a couple of options for fishing or 4-5 hours by bus to get to the north coast.
Howard

Nov 18, 2012
Deep Sea Fishing
Deep sea fishing tours can be arranged at the excursion desks of hotels in Boca Chica. This is quoted from this site on dr1.com/travel/bocachica. If anyone has used these, what did you think? Maybe it is possible to use the local boats there but am unsure on how safe that would be. As long as the boat was 20 foot plus and didn't go out too far, that could also be an option. I was hoping to only spend a few hundred dollars on the fishing part. Just looking for suggestions and advice.