Noise Pollution On Pedro Clisante

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]The spokeswoman of the Rotary Club in Sos?a Ms Loli complained with the Ministry for Environment about noise disturbance. It concerns the various bars in the main street Pedro Clisante which have the volume of their music system constantly at full throttle. According to Ms Loli neighbors can not sleep until three o'clock in the morning because of the loud music. Complaining to the owners of these bars seems not to help much and that's why they now appeal to the intervention of the Ministry of Environment. Noise is environmental pollution and also causes health problems for the residents.[/h]

miozio

May 23, 2009
From today's Sosua News:

Noise is environmental pollution and also causes health problems for the residents.

I agree! It's not just too loud to sleep but when you feel like saying something to your friend, you can not even hear yourself! The weird part is that the locals still sit at the tables pretending to be having fun! Noise polution indeed!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Oh, they were talking about the loudness. I thought by noise pollution they were referring to music by Omega and Black Jonas Point...

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I agree! It's not just too loud to sleep but when you feel like saying something to your friend, you can not even hear yourself! The weird part is that the locals still sit at the tables pretending to be having fun! Noise polution indeed!
Add to that the idiots driving around all night with their music blaring. They are more of a pain than the discos.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
And then you finally get to sleep and some rooster decides it's time to get up.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Betcha this is the last we see or hear of this complaint. Even tho I agree its too loud this is like compaining about the weather. Nothing is going to happen.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Betcha this is the last we see or hear of this complaint. Even tho I agree its too loud this is like compaining about the weather. Nothing is going to happen.

Can not agree more.... except it getting worse.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
If you go to one of those bars than you should expect to hear loud music...if you want to talk than go to a restaurant. I get a kick of people who complain about the music being too loud at a disco. Loud music is part of the culture...they like noise.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
If you go to one of those bars than you should expect to hear loud music...if you want to talk than go to a restaurant. I get a kick of people who complain about the music being too loud at a disco. Loud music is part of the culture...they like noise.

Hey DOOFAS, where do the people that live there go.....to a restaurant to sleep.....???? They are the ones complaining, not some bonehead inside....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I don't agree, I think something will happen. This is not expat complaint, this is the Sosua Rotary Club. Complaints by people of that type are taken seriously.

Some years ago the noise from a bar was a real problem at night for the condo where I live. To make a long story short, we ended up at the Ministry of Tourism and something was done. No problem since. But the most important support we had was not the residents of the condominium, all of whom are foreign, but the letter from an influential local citizen who lives across the street. He was able to sleep through the noise but his wife couldn't sleep.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I don't agree, I think something will happen. This is not expat complaint, this is the Sosua Rotary Club. Complaints by people of that type are taken seriously.

Do you really think The Sousa Rotary Club has more pull than Willy et al?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Do you really think The Sousa Rotary Club has more pull than Willy et al?

Yes, I think it is possible.

The issue is not whether the bars should be open, or anything that really affects their business. It is about noise, only.

And there are already laws on the books about noise. The Rotary Club is not asking for anything more than the enforcement of the laws.

I don't know who is in the local Rotary Club, but I know that members of Rotary Clubs are usually local leaders and have influence locally, and in some cases, beyond. It is also very possible that there are officials in the Ministry who are also Rotarians, and some local Rotarians may be well connected in the government in Santo Domingo.

But I think it is very possible that the Rotary complaint will be acted on. I think the Sosua club has a lot going for it in this matter.

I will be very surprised if the mayor doesn't give her support to the Rotary

Last edited:

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Hey DOOFAS, where do the people that live there go.....to a restaurant to sleep.....???? They are the ones complaining, not some bonehead inside....

Settle down there tough guy...calling me names won't make you a better person. Have you not read the threads above??? are you able to read? Although the article is about the neighbours complaining, people in this thread are complaining about the noise in the bars...like in post #2. Doofas???? what are you 12 years old???

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
There is a noise bylaw and the Politure have a decibel reader. I saw them with it one night 2 years ago. I think they had to sell it to put gas in their moto.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
There is a noise bylaw and the Politure have a decibel reader. I saw them with it one night 2 years ago. I think they had to sell it to put gas in their moto.

I remember THAT law too and that they had new equipment for enforcement. Used it once as a toy... do nothing... make money selling. Yawnnnnnn. same thing over and over and over.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You don't get it do you, Willy runs the town, not Ilana, are you new to town?

The Rotary has not gone to the town government but to the Ministry of Environment, the agency responsible for administering the anti-noise laws in this country, among other things.

All we can do is wait and see. I didn't say it was a slam dunk, I said I thought they had a good shot. Time will tell.

Obviously I am not as inclined to immediately go negative as some, even though I have lived in the country longer than most on DR1. Vamos a ver.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Wouldn't be the DR unless you had stereos blasting to the point of distortion..........

I like to sit a La Casita bar, in between Bambu and Onnos discos on a Friday night with both discos blaring -- it's very relaxing......

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Wouldn't be the DR unless you had stereos blasting to the point of distortion..........

I like to sit a La Casita bar, in between Bambu and Onnos discos on a Friday night with both discos blaring -- it's very relaxing......
A side note. Bambu has the best music in Cabarete. My favorite spot. No not for the chicas, I bring my own.