Bar Las Flores for sale-7000 for everything

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
for you business owners, would this be something a new guy would be interested in ?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
for you business owners, would this be something a new guy would be interested in ?

A "new guy" should definitely NOT open a bar..or any other business dealing with the public...as for whether it's a decent deal or not would depend on what exactly is included for $7000 (I assume USD?), what the lease terms are, documented proof of paid bills, no liens, etc...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
A "new guy" should definitely NOT open a bar..or any other business dealing with the public...as for whether it's a decent deal or not would depend on what exactly is included for $7000 (I assume USD?), what the lease terms are, documented proof of paid bills, no liens, etc...

My thinking too DavidZ.
HOW much owed for back rent, taxes, Edenorte, phone, cable, employees and employee liquidation? How much to repair the what ever need to be repaired that the landlord don't give a hoot about. How long is the lease for and... does not matter since IF the landlord can sell it... your lease is trash. Then you have to control some elements around your business and provide some "thanks" to those that you need to help do that.

A new owner/leaser tends to get stuck with alot the last ones bills since they have vanished with your money and most likely you DON'T have all the paper work to prove anything. Been there and done that.

maybe the 7000 IS in pesos.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Surely all this could be said for any business, so people are simply not advised to invest in business in DR?
Surely the state of a businesses Liabilities are easy enough to check out before taking it on, somehow? People are not expected to just invest in the unknown, even in DR.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
What REAL business can you expect to start in the DR or anywhere for $7000? The problem is there are many "new guys" who fantasize about opening a bar, restaurant, colmado, tour biz, etc. and don't do their due diligence. $7000 is "what the hell, I'll give it a shot" money for some people who don't realize when all's said and done, they could be out of a business and 3, 4, or 5x the original investment...or worse!

In Sosua alone there are probably 100 real-life stories like this over the last 10 years...I could list a half dozen or so of people I know personally....most of whom should have known better!

There are a few businesses that could be decent investments in the DR...a call center, transportation company, US branded franchise, specialty farming with export, certain import and export and free-zone businesses, auto repair...to name a few...but not one can be started or purchased for anything close to $7000, or should even be considered by someone who doesn't have strong connections/family here, is fluent in Spanish, and hopefully has lived here at least a couple of years...

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
A good auto mechanic who speaks Spanish and English could get started for 7000 and do very well. Diddo for many many other service industry style operations. Can you say, "I am an expert air con repair guy" ?

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
A good auto mechanic who speaks Spanish and English could get started for 7000 and do very well. Diddo for many many other service industry style operations. Can you say, "I am an expert air con repair guy" ?

uhh maybe on the old old non computer cars... one piece of equipment can cost 7000.00 ask me how i know. if it was cheap anyone can do it... i know master techs that have close to 200,000 in tools, that does not inlude equipment.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
7k dollars is nothing. newbies think OMG, so cheap, what do i have to lose? but this is just the start. 7k for the business. then supplies. then workers. then some necessary fixing and repair. then bills.
some people forget about REAL start up costs. and they keep on thinking they will start breaking even any day but they enter more and more debts.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
The name "Bar Las Flores" rings a bell. Where is it located? (or am I confusing it with the numerous Farmacias with the same name?)

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I've never seen more than like 3 customers in there at one time. Don't think you could make much money there.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
It's a very small bar on Pedro Clisante right across from the Britannia Pub. It's a straight foward bar, a few employees and easy to manage. The most you can expect is to break even during high season. I believe the rent is USD$500/month,
RD$1500 for electricity and about RD$12000 monthly for wages, there is no phone line.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
My buddy Asa here in Texas leased an old rundown bar in Oyster Creek Texas that never did have many customers. He was 65. Hired a bunch of girls to strip nude and had the place hoppinin less than a month. Then the woman owner came in and had a cow. jajajaja she threw him out and cancelled the lease. Now its back to the same dive it always was.

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
It's a very small bar on Pedro Clisante right across from the Britannia Pub. It's a straight foward bar, a few employees and easy to manage. The most you can expect is to break even during high season. I believe the rent is USD$500/month,
RD$1500 for electricity and about RD$12000 monthly for wages, there is no phone line.

wow,,,, break even. what happens in the low season

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have never seen a customer in there, why not save $7,000 and call the owner of the building directly? Obviously the current tenant is the one "selling it". Isn't Ari a bartender next door??? I am confused.