Need a break from Santiago

presidente

Sep 25, 2008
I am dying to get out of Santiago for the weekend. Don't feel like doing the typical SD or Puerto Plata thing. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a hotel up in the mountains of Jar. with some hiking? I have done the pp an sosua **** to death and sd is too far and also was just there.Any thoughts and Ideas would be sweet. Thanks all.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I second Monti Cristi. Nice beach ,many restaurants in and around town. Cool change of scenery salt mines etc.and bring a little fishing pole if you have one.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Go to SAJOMA!!! Its less than one hour from Santiago. I will PM you some mountain hotels.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
Playa Ensenada probably 2 hour drive, or Playa Grande 3 hour drive.

Don't get drunk and swim at playa grande !!!:dead:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I am dying to get out of Santiago for the weekend. Don't feel like doing the typical SD or Puerto Plata thing. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a hotel up in the mountains of Jar. with some hiking? I have done the pp an sosua **** to death and sd is too far and also was just there.Any thoughts and Ideas would be sweet. Thanks all.

Jar.... talk to Cobraboy. This is his turf and a very nice area. A little cool this time of year so hiking should be perfect.

North coast has RAIN AND CLOUDS that don't want to go away. I don't know what other areas are having....

Ya... Cobraboy. A place with a fireplace after your hike.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Hotel La Catalina- 2 hours and change from Santiago- near Cabrera- really cool