Platino Hotel is full need alternate equivalent

Jan 9, 2004
The Platino indicates they are booked solid for my upcoming trip. So the question becomes..is there an equivalent alternative? Los Jardines, Hodelpa.

My only requirements are secure, internet, reasanobly good access/central location for about 5 days.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Los Jardines is a good option. you get a free breakfast. There is internet there, there is internet over at La Campagna (bakery a couple of short blocks over==very good capuccino....)

And on the other side of the school there is a place abot the disco run by my friend Frank. Let me know and I will send you a PM with his phone numbers.

The Hillbilly Hilton is also available for use after the 20th: Safe, quiet, wifi, and cheaper.

PM me if your trip is after the 20th.

HB

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Hodelpa Gran Almirante is the best choice. There other property by the airport (Garden Court) is second. Ask for an upgrade. I am usually accommodated.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I always stay at Aloha Sol, just about as central as you can get (calle sol), secure, wifi (10mb download which is awesome here), reasonably priced at 2500-3000 per night. Free breakfast included.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I always stay at Aloha Sol, just about as central as you can get (calle sol), secure, wifi (10mb download which is awesome here), reasonably priced at 2500-3000 per night. Free breakfast included.

I second that. I haven't stayed anywhere else when I have visited Santiago, and I had good experiences every time. It is centrally located. 5 minute walk from El Monumento. Also, there are rooms available there for $1,999 pesos or roughly $50 per night and breakfast is included at that rate.

david_

Dec 8, 2012
I second that. I haven't stayed anywhere else when I have visited Santiago, and I had good experiences every time. It is centrally located. 5 minute walk from El Monumento. Also, there are rooms available there for $1,999 pesos or roughly $50 per night and breakfast is included at that rate.

I third that, stayed both there and Jardines and prefer Aloha Sol. Rooms are nicer and a little better location. Didn't have time to eat the included breakfast so can't comment on it, but if you don't care for the hotel food there are a bunch of other choices within walking distance.