Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Here's the photo bigbird tried to post:

santo-domingo-map.png

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
oops forgot, probably a better way to get to Omega Tech and Iguana Park also.............

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
And, the BEST way to fill, and keep filling, the bank accounts of all the "Politicos" as well!
"El Metro", a Hole-In-The-ground, where the "People" of the DR "throw" their "Pesos" in, and the "Politicians" take the money OUT!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I saw a newspaper story last Friday morning, the 21st.
It said that, ifyou are reading the article, the "Mayans" were wrong, the World did Not End last night at "Midnight!!!!"
I guess you must call that story, "A Scoop????"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 19, 2004
I miss Pichardo's updates.

Any news on the integrated bus network which should serve this system. Unless you live within 600m of a station for the trip origin and destination you will just use a car or other means of transport - the buses are essential.

Is it full steam ahead now for the Santo Domingo Santiago bullet train?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Some people really like that they can get to work or simply travel through the city like humans and not sardines in a (cramped, hot and humid) can. A quick news report on the second Metro line:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oDvBj1xDjm4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
C'mon guys, this is good news. I know maybe there were better ways to spend the money, maybe they robbed a lot during the project, but still this is going to be good for a lot of people, and we should be happy about for them. Glass half full, you know...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, i will be honest here. i love the idea of a metro. yes, it costs money, yes, it makes nothing and yes, in the case of DR 75% of the funds were embezzled. but this is the only way to ease congestion in big cities...

however, i have a slight complain about metro cars. why split poles for holding? an honest dominicana with shopping bags in her hands will not be able to use her other body parts for support!

2zf7c05.jpg

ArthurLittle

Dec 27, 2012
Some people really like that they can get to work or simply travel through the city like humans and not sardines in a (cramped, hot and humid) can. A quick news report on the second Metro line:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oDvBj1xDjm4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow! What a nice metro! Where is this in the country?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
That is the Sosua Beach shuttle! :)

Just kidding... The Metro is in the Capital. Santo Domingo.

ArthurLittle

Dec 27, 2012
That is the Sosua Beach shuttle! :)

Just kidding... The Metro is in the Capital. Santo Domingo.

Santo Domingo looks busy with all those huge malls and towers going up like weeds.

We visited there when we arrived to the country and on our way to Constanza.
I hope we can visit again soon. Right after I get my vehicle's documents and tag.

That Metro is far nicer than what we got back home in the states... Wow!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Next Metro line is going to be from V Centenario to the Zona Colonial, in my opinion the next step should be make the Zona colonial free of cars and I might visit it more often. Line 4 is my favorite though. It will go below Luperon, so I can take the metro at 2 blocks from my house to bring the children to school. Or at least the grand children...