gringo bar in Santo Domingo

catwoman

Oct 7, 2009
Good afternoon my friends, do any of you know if there is a bar in the capital that gringos use to meet up?

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
which since there is no sign is located directly across the street from the ruins of the Hospital / Temple San Nicolas de Bari.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
paco's at the end of el conde is quite popular with tourists. I think the name might have changed...but just ask anyone and they will know where it is. It is right on the corner across from the park

Oh and dont go the cafe across from the cathedral on the other end of el conde. Been there twice...great location but really bad food. fine for grabing a presidente...but the food is really bad.not bitching...just saying

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
paco's at the end of el conde is quite popular with tourists. I think the name might have changed...but just ask anyone and they will know where it is. It is right on the corner across from the park

Oh and dont go the cafe across from the cathedral on the other end of el conde. Been there twice...great location but really bad food. fine for grabing a presidente...but the food is really bad.not bitching...just saying

I agree, El Conde has awful food, shame as like you say it's a good location.

Paco's is silly expensive with poor service.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
yeah...i left pacos after spending about fourty mins waiting for service.....but the gringos seem to like it there and its easy to find