BEER at the Coral Hamaca Resort!!!

R

Rupert

I will be at the Hamaca with my new wife!!!! 1st week of March also. Honeymooners!! I have been worried about the kind of beer also, I like Diet Coke also, can any one tell me if I will get it there. Is it included or do I have to buy it? If I can get away from the OLD BALL & CHAIN for a while can I wander outside th Resort or is it not safe??

D

DR One

Yes, yes and yes!!!

Diet coke and Pepsi, no problem outside the resort, inside I would imagine they use the pre-mix guns. The beer is excellant! I don't no anyone that doesn't like it. It's very safe, just take the usual precautions you would in any city. Boca Chica is a great town, enjoy and explore it!

R

Rupert

Re: Yes, yes and yes!!!

I'm so glad to hear that my dearly beloved soon to be new husband will be able to find his much needed caffiene hit in the D.R. Beer is another priority. This is a man with a very discerning palate when it comes to his beverages. We're looking forward to our trip. P.S. The couple we are travelling with have an somewhat unnatural aversion to snakes. Any chance of running into any? Thanks.

M

Mike

The Hamaca serves Presidente beer.

As for exploring off hotel grounds, the Hamaca has single-speed bikes with chain brakes. There are bike tours every morning, where they show you local places of interest. You get to ride across the Boca Chica beach back to the hotel.

Some tips: Get to the bike rack a little early to ensure getting a bike with fully inflated tires and meaningful tire tread. Also, when riding, be alert for the motoconchos on mopeds and motorcycles who zip by on the narrow streets of Boca Chica. Finally, the roads, though adequately paved, are sided with narrow deep storm channels for rain run-off. You don't want to ride into them.

You can also obtain a bike without having to go on the tour, but I recommend the tour first. I almost forgot -- It gets HOT and humid early, the sun is very strong and I recommend taking a hat, a backback and a water bottle.

Have fun.

MIKE

the sun is very

K

Kathy

Take your wife with you and have a great time outside the walls of the Hamaca and enjoy the local people. They are warm and friendly people, but always when traveling use your head.