Can someone provide las terrenas update

DIESEL1

Dec 29, 2008
My wife and I spent 3 days in Las Terrenas, two years ago. We had a blast. The beaches were best best we've ever been to, the Limon waterfall was a fun trip. I know that the restaurants and bars at Pueblo the Pescadores were ruined in the fire last year. We really had a good time at the restaurants there and I remember a bar, I think it was called Mosquito bar, pretty cool. Anyway, is this area back up?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
yeah, LT is back!!!! come down & enjoy all The good stuff, buddy :)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Everything is up and running in LT. The Mosquito Bar is no longer open in the new Fisherman's Village. There are a number of restaurants and bars, some that were there previously. There is a new bar called One Love, owned and operated by a couple from Montreal. Good people, good food and drink. If you are looking for a new experience there is a zip line tour that you can take. It has 13 zip line stations down the mountain and a beautiful natural pool and water falls to swim in after. Google www.ziplinesamana.com. I did it. A nice rush.

LTSteve

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
There was no French bakery in the Fisherman's Village. As Africaida stated it is in the Plaza Taina in the tourist zone. There is also another called Pan del Antes. Also very good coffee, croissants and pasteries. This place is located in the Kammish Plaza(large brick colonial building) where Atlantic Kitchens is located a few blocks from Lindo Supermarket on the return street. This location is a lot quieter in the morning for coffee. They also have great baggettes at both places.

LTSTeve

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Mosquito Bar is now located east of town just before Balcones d'Atlantico---
Pueblo Pescadora (Fisherman?s Village) is even better than before-- You can walk thru the many bars and restaurants right on the beach.
Here are just 4 places we enjoy:
---La Salsa Our favorite restaurant in LT! 150 pesos for a 2-course French meal- unbelievable!
---One Love? Sports on big-screen TV and always lively?Owners are from Toronto
---La Terrasse?Wonderful French restaurant ? like being on the ?Cote d?Azure.?
---Pizza Playa--- Always crowded-- I like the pasta with white clam sauce.

We also always enjoy Mojitos at Playa Popy and Big Dan's Polar Bar in town across from Claro--
:) susan

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Mosquito is now in front of Balcones del Atlantico, on the beach...

Aug 19, 2004
We were there 2 weeks ago - the noise of the motorbikes and traffic is as bad as ever. IMO it has lost much of its original charm.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
We were there 2 weeks ago - the noise of the motorbikes and traffic is as bad as ever. IMO it has lost much of its original charm.

I agree about the noise in Las Terrenas. Since the motorcycles are loud, they have to turn up their stereos twice as loud so they can hear it.

Come to Las Galeras. Much more quiet, laid back, more beach options; Playita, Las Galeras, Rincon, Madam, Fronton, Haitisis excusions, Cayo Levantado etc etc.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Was there y'day..... ate at la Terrasse (?)..... really good.... 1000/person....
In the Fisherman's Village

Appetizer for everybody and split entrees (6 people).
Took our own wine... just 3 beers or so on the bill.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I agree about the noise in Las Terrenas. Since the motorcycles are loud, they have to turn up their stereos twice as loud so they can hear it.

Come to Las Galeras. Much more quiet, laid back, more beach options; Playita, Las Galeras, Rincon, Madam, Fronton, Haitisis excusions, Cayo Levantado etc etc.

Interesting. I was in Las Galeras for the first time a few weeks ago to meet some friends coming in on a cruise. I had made reservations for the night there since I did not want to drive from Cabarete there and back in the same day, but after my friends went back to the ship, my wife decided that we would drive back home rather than spend the night. Her reason was that we had already seen "everything" and there was no reason to even spend one full day there. She had no such feelings regarding Las Terrenas when we last spent a couple of days there.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Agreed Windy, doesn't take long to absorb Las Galeras............ soak it up and move on.

A bit more being offered in LT

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Interesting. I was in Las Galeras for the first time a few weeks ago to meet some friends coming in on a cruise. I had made reservations for the night there since I did not want to drive from Cabarete there and back in the same day, but after my friends went back to the ship, my wife decided that we would drive back home rather than spend the night. Her reason was that we had already seen "everything" and there was no reason to even spend one full day there. She had no such feelings regarding Las Terrenas when we last spent a couple of days there.

Windeguy, sounds like you made it to the beach at the end of the road in Las Galeras, and quit. There is no way that you checked out what I mentioned: Playita, Las Galeras, Rincon, Madam, Fronton, Haitisis excusions, Cayo Levantado all in one day. Plus I did not mentioned the falls at El Limon, deep sea fishing, dinner at El Cabito, dinner the next night at either La Taberna in Samana, Puerto Bahia, or enjoy the fabulous views at Vista Mare.

For those who want to escape a stressful life, and the cold winters, there is nothing better than choosing a quarter mile of tranquil, white sand Rincon beach for yourself, and relaxing the day away. I would give it another try.