New Nacional supermarket opening soon

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
CCN inicia construcci?n plaza comercial crear? 400 empleos en Santiago

SANTO DOMINGO.- El Centro Cuesta Nacional (CCN) inici? la construcci?n del centro comercial Paseo de Santiago, una moderna plaza comercial, que generar? 400 nuevos empleos y dinamizar? la econom?a en el Cibao, edificaci?n donde estar?n operando cuatro tiendas de ese grupo empresarial, y que contar? adem?s con los servicios de bancos, telecomunicaciones y restaurantes.

El anuncio sobre de la construcci?n de la plaza comercial en Santiago lo hizo el presidente de CCN, se?or Jos? Miguel Gonz?lez Cuadra, quien destac? que en Paseo Santiago estar?n las sucursales de las tiendas de Supermercados Nacional, Casa Cuesta, Bebemundo, Juguet?n, y adem?s dispondr? de 13 locales comerciales, cinco dentro del supermercado y dos restaurantes para comida r?pida o caf? bar.

El ejecutivo de CCN inform? que la obra se levanta a ritmo acelerado en la avenida Juan Pablo Duarte, entre las calles Benito Ju?rez y M?xico, en el sector Villa Olga, en la zona metropolitana de Santiago.

Afirm? que la nueva edificaci?n de un nivel tendr? 329 estacionamientos y acceso para la avenida Juan Pablo Duarte.

Signific? Gonz?lez Cuadra que Paseo Santiago, es la primera plaza comercial que la empresa apertura en Santiago con cuatro tiendas de CCN, ofreci?ndoles a los clientes de la zona norte la acostumbrada calidad en solo lugar.

?Es una demostraci?n de la confianza de este grupo empresarial al clima de inversi?n y un nuevo aporte al desarrollo del pa?s?, manifest? Gonz?lez Cuadra.

Las marcas de CCN son Supermercados Nacional, Jumbo, Jumbo Express, La Despensa, Juguet?n, Casa Cuesta, Ferreter?a Cuesta, Librer?a Cuesta.

The new plaza "Paseo de Santiago" will not only have the Nacional Supermarket, but also Casa Cuesta, Bebemundo, Juguet?n, and 13 other establishments.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
The new plaza as of February 2013.

487505_499412736760489_1922334159_n.jpg

This is how the plaza "Paseo Santiago" will look.

407849_580086682008301_400617546_n.jpg

14714_580086725341630_1059823398_n.jpg

10074_580086685341634_156203300_n.jpg

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's been a while since I've shopped at Casa Questa at the Nacional on 27 de Feb & Lincoln in SD, but I loved it. Hopefully will be a nice addition to Santiago. Always nice to have a new alternative!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Where will this mall be located exactly?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I was going to ask about this place. On weekend, I pass by that street all the time, to go shopping on old Nacional, Brovo supermarket, favorite restaurants or to church. It will be closer to my home so I am all for this new mall. So when is the official expected opening day?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
To call this a mall is quite a stretch...

Yes, all malls are shopping centers but all shopping centers are not malls. :classic:

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
To call this a mall is quite a stretch...

Yes, all malls are shopping centers but all shopping centers are not malls. :classic:
Well...
In US, few stores and parking lot shared by few business are called strip mall. So calling it "mall" shouldn't be abomination. Then again we are in DR...
When in Rome...?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I stopped by yesterday. The store is nice...obviously trying to compete with the new Bravo...definitely a notch or two above the other Nacional, and all other Supermarkets (except Bravo). They even have a fairly large "health food/organic" section like Bravo. No "Grand Opening" deals at all, perhaps they're waiting for Casa Cuesta and the other stores to open.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We were there today.

Very nice. Well organized, spacious, well stocked. Nice deli, produce & fruit departments. It's not as much of a department store as the old one on the autopista with the large houseware section, but I can definitely see shopping there while in Santiago.

We bought some 1" thick pork chops that looked yummy...

Definitely a better store overall than Bravo. Bravo has that cheese thingy, a good meat department and bakery, but the nuts & bolts, IMO, are lacking...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It looks very nice. But isn't Santiago reaching the supermercado saturation point?
I wonder that myself.

I kinda sorta feel sorry for the decent grocery stores that existed closeby before the new La Sirena and Nacional went in. Gotta be tiumbleweeds...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I LOVE Super Mercados NATIONAL!
I met "HB" for the first time in "SMN" in Santiago almost 20 years ago.
BEFORE "DR1" days!
After talking for just a few minutes, he invited me to his home, I met his wife, some of his dogs, and he gave me a REAL "Cubano" cigar!
CCN is a Spanish company that owns, Supers Nat. "JUMBO", Jugeton, Cuesta,and other "Brands" here in the DR.
That's why their stores are well stocked, managed, and nice places to shop!
"Jumbo", and National Supers have the same products,meat/fish/Deli, and produce, as they both come from the same warehouses.
Jumbo is a little cheaper over all, especially produce.
"SMN", and JUMBO, are the ONLY stores where, BEFORE" I buy meat, I don't need to poke my finger into the package and "Smell" to see if it's "FRESH", or if it STINKS!
It's ALWAYS FRESH!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Is it me or the new place look smaller? I just came back and it's definitely crowded then both Bravo and old Nacional but nothing extra special or different. Well lit than other places and better traffic than old one though.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
It looks very nice. But isn't Santiago reaching the supermercado saturation point?

We'll see even more supermercados this year, since CCN has plans to built a new Jumbo on that big empy lot on the Juan Pablo Duarte - Estrella Sadhala intersection. Also, according to someone who works for Grupo Ramos in another forum, they've got plans to open two new Sirenas in the city, one in Cienfuegos, and the other one in Gurabo.