record a program for me? "Canal 30"

jdq

Mar 16, 2013
I have an unusual request. I am spending 3 weeks in Cabarete. Last night, Friday, I was watching cable television. The time was roughly between 06:30 PM and 08:30 PM. The station was called "Canal 30" (that was the actual name, not the number on the cable box) and the show was called "No Se Puede" or "NSP". The show is a comedy involving college aged young people. The performance style is over the top and deliberate, kind of like a stage-play for children.

I am looking to pay someone $US100 (via paypal) for someone to record this show for me and supply with a copy. I will even take a VHS tape copy if you still use that. Better, if you have the knowhow and technology to create a digital copy that is even better (but not necessary).

Please contact me if you are able to do this.

John

P.S. Amazingly, there is nothing about the show on the internet (not even a youtube clip!) and the station website (canal30.tv) is not complete and the email on it bounces.

PPS If you are wondering why... I am in the business repurposing "real" spanish television as a Spanish language learning tool, and this show is particularly good for my purposes, so I'd like to get a copy as a first step.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Sounds like there maybe some copyright issues here, both for you and for whoever takes you up on your offer. Although the dissemination of educational content is less inhibited by U.S. law, I suggest caution and further investigation before the fact. The "fact" in this case would be possible legal actions against those that are complicit.

Disclosure: I am not a lawyer. I am a retired educator and so am sensitive to, and appreciate your intent. I am also an ex-businessman and as such try to anticipate legal ramifications so as to avoid problems in the future. Good luck in any case.

Feb 7, 2007
well, I was commenting as a "joke, in the DR" about what you wrote , " there maybe some copyright issues here, both for you and for whoever takes you up on your offer. Although the dissemination of educational content is less inhibited by U.S. law, I suggest caution and further investigation before the fact. The "fact" in this case would be possible legal actions against those that are complicit. " not about your nickname.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Somebody rides the short bus in this thread.

short-bus.jpg

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Hey Rubio, my bad is I misread your post. I'm just always concerned with "Big Brother." As I reread the thread, I can see that I'm a bit off. Thanks Tamborista for the not so subtle hint. Your short bus ran me over (-;

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
actually it would be a copyright infringement even for educational purposes if it was also a commercial venture, (like Rosetta Stone, etc.). Copyright is also (mostly) recognized internationally. Now whether or not there would be any actual enforcement... well, that's another story.