Dominican number in the u.s

AtomicPhil

Feb 6, 2012
A, A
Hi i was wondering to those who deals or knows more about having a foreign number abroad. is there any way for me to have a working dominican phone number in the u.s? just temporary incase it roaming and i heard about those foreign roaming charger cost more. and if it is roaming and no other way how do you do it?

Gitana-

Jan 13, 2010
If you're going to Florida, New York or Boston, Metro PCS has a new program that might work. It says "foreign country" but is really available only for the Dominican Republic for now.

MetroLINK is a service that allows your family and friends to call you from a foreign country. You will have a phone number that's local in that foreign country that your family and friends can dial to reach your MetroPCS phone here in the United States. They won't pay additional charges, and you will pay just $10 per month.

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If you only need the appearance that you are in DR then if you open a phone account with Skype you can take any number you want, I think.

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
i have a cricket account and i pay 5 bucks extra for a dominican phone number in the U.S.
so when my family calls me they call a dominican number assigned to my phone.i'm in chicago and i answer like any phone call but ur family in dominican gets charged like its a local call.
so u get 2 number.ur local number and a local domincan number to hand out to ur family and friends.
but ur phone wont work in Dominican...go figure

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
i have a cricket account and i pay 5 bucks extra for a dominican phone number in the U.S.
so when my family calls me they call a dominican number assigned to my phone.i'm in chicago and i answer like any call but ur family in dominican gets charged like its a local 809 829 849 call.
so u get 2 number.ur local number and a local domincan number to hand out to ur family and friends.
but ur cricket phone wont work in Dominican...go figure
or use skype or facetime.