Is there a DR version of Best Exotic Marigold Hotel?

umeafdb

Mar 9, 2010
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel looked at group of retirees "outsourcing their lives" to India. While the story (with Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson...) takes place on the other side of the world, it should raise some interesting questions about what a distant warm developing country offers to those of a certain age seeking a second or new home. Is this a potential way of redeeming the recent collapse of the charter tourists? On Saturday March 30 at 1:30 pm) at the Meeting Place in Puerto Plata (calle Juan Bosch #60) there will be presentation of the film and discussion.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
When I watched that movie, I had exactly that same idea. Hopefully some use could be made of the vacant resorts in POP.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Unfortunately years back i lived in Sosua area and there was a nice large resort hotel complex on the west side of charimicos. That i used to seek refuge from the Sosua. Area it was a great little all inclusive getaway with nice quant shops . it was shut down and could not be sold due to Dominican family members who could not put any common sense on the table and this lovely Oasis was allowed to crumble .The puertoplata as suggested by windeguy. Has so much possibility. , yet younhave dominican family that have really generally what service is and 2 couldnt get together on something like this because family politics or govt politics is so far removed from common sense