Getting to Rio Jamao

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
Hello,
Planning a trip to the Rio Jamao and wondering where the turn offs are or any good spots for swimming you might suggest? We know how to get to Jamao al Norte at least but not sure where to go once there. How are the roads? Thanks in Advance!
JJ

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Just before you get to the bridge leading out of town, you make a right turn to El Choro, or just after the bridge, there is a road on the left, go up that road a few hundred yards and you will get to a place to swim, or about a half mile up the road after the bridge, on the left side, is La Represa, go up that road and there are numerous places to swim. Good place to swim at the end of this road too.
The highway there is not too bad, but a few potholes just after the Sabaneta turnoff to Palo Amarillo.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is actually a much better river just outside of Jamao that very few people that are not locals even know about. It is past Jamao about 2 or 3 KM by estimate. You go by rows of houses and after that there is a turn off on your left. No sign that I know of. You go some distance and you will get to a real Dominican River with a slight waterfall effect

There is a restaurant there, at least some years ago there was. They had 2 tables by the river. There is no menu. My daughter ordered chicken and the girl said it might take awhile. I said we are in no hurry. About 10 minutes later a lady comes by the table holding a chicken by the neck in her left hand and a large knife in her right hand. I don't have to tell you what happened next. One of the best chicken dishes my daughter ever had. LOL

I wish I could give better directions, but if you ask a Moto Concho in town about this place I am sure he could lead you there.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
There is actually a much better river just outside of Jamao that very few people that are not locals even know about. It is past Jamao about 2 or 3 KM by estimate. You go by rows of houses and after that there is a turn off on your left. No sign that I know of. You go some distance and you will get to a real Dominican River with a slight waterfall effect

There is a restaurant there, at least some years ago there was. They had 2 tables by the river. There is no menu. My daughter ordered chicken and the girl said it might take awhile. I said we are in no hurry. About 10 minutes later a lady comes by the table holding a chicken by the neck in her left hand and a large knife in her right hand. I don't have to tell you what happened next. One of the best chicken dishes my daughter ever had. LOL

I wish I could give better directions, but if you ask a Moto Concho in town about this place I am sure he could lead you there.

Yea, its called La Represa, on a corner, before you start going up the hill