Are the Fanjul Brothers that bad

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The Fanjul family are the type of people that the bible suggests are not possible to enter heaven ,,They make an absolute fortune every year by paying labourers wages that are as close to fored laaaabour as you can get and then they ask the community but especially the Casa de Campo to support the Fanjul foundations in providing charity for the mothers and the children . We do not know if they pay much tax or if it is all paid in the USA but I would love them to be taken over by a company with more respect for human life

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
The link comes in just fine in the US, so it may be blocked in the DR??

Try going through a VPN, or server that is not in the DR .......

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
So it appears that this post/link was aimed at viewers OUTSIDE the DR ... to make a statement about something going on IN the DR??? Hmmmm....

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
caribmike's advise does the trick.
as for answering the oriiginal posters question:
no, they are not just as bad as the description shows, they are Worse.
sugar, druglords and ex dictators seem to come along pretty fine with each others.
even american ex-presidents join the parties once in a while

Mike

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I did like jdjones said.... bit of an alarmist site...hard to believe everything( or anything) but who knows....

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I wouldn't doubt a lot of it is true. Unfortunately it appears a good deal of the the rich are some of the stingiest people on this planet.

i do know a first cousin of the Fanjuls with the same last name in Miami and he says they are so cheap that they wouldn't even give him a job if he returned from the States. He is an architect and I worked with him at Arcadis.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Yeah but check the other articles: slave camps, cut off limbs, paid in I owe u to spend at boss owned colmado...... it sounds outrageous I would hate to think that kind of stuff goes in dr. It sounds like something out of rwanda....
I ve learned how much dominicains despeise haitiens even here in campo, how they get paid less, how they are always served last in colmados (see that every day ).
Even my wife, who has become very european style, comes out fom time to time with comments that I deem not acceptable.
I often say to my inlaws but ure all black ( to **** them off ), moreno or morena sets them off just as well.
Even the kids are at it.....
I hope one day it will change ( if we wait for schools to do it, some time in the next century)

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
It works for me in the D.R.

Those that can not get it, try changing your DNS servers in your modem, some modems have the DNS servers set at 0.0.0.0. or Claro's and some links will not resolve.

Try 208.67.220.220 or 8.8.8.8.
I use those for DNS1 and DNS2

"R"