Cell Phone Unlock

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
There is a place in Sosua, in the plaza where the Orange shop is, across the street from Banko Popular, in the back in the corner, kind of a cubby-hole that unlocks phones.
I have a Samsung Rugby II phone that no one could unlock from POP to Gaspar Hernandez until my buddy took it to this guy. He was the only one that could do it and does IPhone on a regular basis too, and anything else for that matter.
Sorry I lost his card so I don't have the name of the place, but he is good and highly recommended.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Can your phone be unlocked?

Damn good question! Those $40 cheapie US prepaids usually arent ( i tried lol )

iphones can be jailbroken to unlock, and it was recently discovered that most androids have an "underground" combo of codes to do it for free. Tried it on my replacement Galaxy Note 2 and it worked like a charm

Feb 15, 2005
Thanks for all the help.Check it, now that the phone is all set my Galaxy has about 1 bar of good reception in most place in and around Sosua. Even in the house.

Mark835

Nov 28, 2005
Ive got an iphone on orange that i bought when i was in the DR, i havent been able to get it unlocked in the UK for love or money.Can this guy near the orange shop actually unlock an orange iphone?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Ive got an iphone on orange that i bought when i was in the DR, i havent been able to get it unlocked in the UK for love or money.Can this guy near the orange shop actually unlock an orange iphone?

If he can't do it, I don't think it can be done. An American friend also swears by this guy and he brings down 5-6 Iphones every year to sell here and has him unlock and check them out....

simplyme

May 3, 2013
Hi,
You can get the cellphones unlocked from the site Unlock-Zone.com .As they are providing Unlock codes for most of the model phones and for Iphone they are providing the remote unlock service which is a the reliable way to unlock a Iphone.And here in the site they are providing permanent unlock solution for most of the model phones depended on the country and the network to which the phone is locked to.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
This phone cannot be officially unlocked even through Apple since Orange Dominicana refuse to join the official unlock program that operates in both Europe and the US.

There are software unlocks but your handset will not be able to upgrade the IOS or your apps via the app store if you unlock the phone via this option.