It's taking a long time

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Several years ago I had the Guzman firm handle my request for residency. The process was straight foreward, not very time consuming and reasonably priced. When my temporary expired I went back to them to get my "permanent" residency. This was two years ago. I have a copy of the aplication with the stamps and all the boxes checked off. When I inquire of Guzman I am told there are new employees at JCE who are learning their jobs and to be patient. Does this two year delay apply to everyone trying to renew residency these days or is my case unique? If I'm the only one, does anyone have any serious recommendations?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Wow! it takes the new employees two years to learn their jobs! But you still haven't received your permanent residency, so they're still learning.:rolleyes:

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Wow! it takes the new employees two years to learn their jobs! But you still haven't received your permanent residency, so they're still learning.:rolleyes:

Strange, I am getting this exact response from the Ministry of the Interior and Police when I inquire about my firearms license which takes around 10 days for Dominicans and 20 days for foreigners to receive. It's been 30 days so far for me and still nothing...foreigners always get the SHAFT!!!!!!!!!!!

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Correction

I would venture to say they lost your paperwork at Immigration! If I remember correctly, they started revamping things January 2012 thus causing a lot of confusion in that agency.

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Strange, I am getting this exact response from the Ministry of the Interior and Police when I inquire about my firearms license which takes around 10 days for Dominicans and 20 days for foreigners to receive. It's been 30 days so far for me and still nothing...foreigners always get the SHAFT!!!!!!!!!!!

Because Dominicans know that if you want something done quickly you have to "grease the palms".The only thing that talks here is money.