Hola! I am new to this forum

Aug 6, 2006
But I am not new to the RD. I just have not visited there for the past 12 years. I suppose that my 5 year marriage to a Dominican woman from Santiago sort of turned me off for a while. The ex was not very bright, but she thought she was a genius. She had a way of saying really stupid things in such an ironic way as to sound like she was just kidding.

When we met, she said she'd go out with me if she could find a babysitter. So when she showed up at were we agreed to meet, I said "I see you found a babysitter" and she said, "no, la amarr? a la cama con cadena" (No, I tied her to the bed with a chain). I figured she was kidding, no one would chain a little girl to a bed.

She was, of course, insanely jealous. Once she saw me watching the magnificent buns of a girl crossing the street. This somehow merited her calling me a "maric?n". It did no good to point out that if I were gay, I'd be looking at MEN's butts.

Then there was the dedication to numerology. She sincerely believed that by adding all the letters in a name, you could determine where and when to buy a winning Lotto ticket. When her system failed, she always claimed that she forgot to add a different word. Then I told her that the official Spanish alphabet had 30 letters (the 26 English has, plus ch, ll, rr and ?), it got her all upset and she accused me of lying to her by not informing her of this.

Weird. With American women, you at least know what you are fighting about. With my ex, the fights were always ended up over nonsense, like why didn't you ask me to iron that shirt, but now there is no time.

Anyway, all that is behind me. I read the article by cavebiker about his ride along the border. Fascinating.

I am planning to revisit Barahona and to visit Constanza for the first time.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Yet one more "Happy Camper" who made the mistake of getting married to a Dominicana!
If only we could learn from Other Peoples mistakes.
That's why I believe that prostitutes are the way to go.
More Sex, Much Less Aggravation and money!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Dont tell fibs on DR1, we all know girls from Santiago are perfect. Your wife was originally from the Capital. :) .,... and this is so funny, I think frank12 wrote it! :)

But I am not new to the RD. I just have not visited there for the past 12 years. I suppose that my 5 year marriage to a Dominican woman from Santiago sort of turned me off for a while. The ex was not very bright, but she thought she was a genius. She had a way of saying really stupid things in such an ironic way as to sound like she was just kidding.

When we met, she said she'd go out with me if she could find a babysitter. So when she showed up at were we agreed to meet, I said "I see you found a babysitter" and she said, "no, la amarr? a la cama con cadena" (No, I tied her to the bed with a chain). I figured she was kidding, no one would chain a little girl to a bed.

She was, of course, insanely jealous. Once she saw me watching the magnificent buns of a girl crossing the street. This somehow merited her calling me a "maric?n". It did no good to point out that if I were gay, I'd be looking at MEN's butts.

Then there was the dedication to numerology. She sincerely believed that by adding all the letters in a name, you could determine where and when to buy a winning Lotto ticket. When her system failed, she always claimed that she forgot to add a different word. Then I told her that the official Spanish alphabet had 30 letters (the 26 English has, plus ch, ll, rr and ?), it got her all upset and she accused me of lying to her by not informing her of this.

Weird. With American women, you at least know what you are fighting about. With my ex, the fights were always ended up over nonsense, like why didn't you ask me to iron that shirt, but now there is no time.

Anyway, all that is behind me. I read the article by cavebiker about his ride along the border. Fascinating.

I am planning to revisit Barahona and to visit Constanza for the first time.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2006
Not really from Santiago

Dont tell fibs on DR1, we all know girls from Santiago are perfect. Your wife was originally from the Capital. :) .,... and this is so funny, I think frank12 wrote it! :)

Actually, she was originally from Haina.
And I should not complain too much about the numerology. When we divorced, I made her an offer that I could afford, and the numbers told her to take it, she said.

Latin women in my experience are all insanely jealous. It is, in my opinion, counterproductive, because it tended to remind me that there were other less annoying women about. I think the thing is that there is passion and there is perhaps love, but the passion is so much stronger that it overwhelms everything, and then somewhere between 18 and 24 months it just dies, like a balloon leaking air.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Not only was she from the Capital area but she had lead poisoning. Explains her behavior. Another lesson on why the pure women from Santiago and the nearby uncontaminated mountain areas are perfect.

Actually, she was originally from Haina.
And I should not complain too much about the numerology. When we divorced, I made her an offer that I could afford, and the numbers told her to take it, she said.

Latin women in my experience are all insanely jealous. It is, in my opinion, counterproductive, because it tended to remind me that there were other less annoying women about. I think the thing is that there is passion and there is perhaps love, but the passion is so much stronger that it overwhelms everything, and then somewhere between 18 and 24 months it just dies, like a balloon leaking air.

Aug 6, 2006
She was ignorant about most things, but she was not crazy. She was on many occasions, however, frigid, and also liked to fight about the most inconsequential of matters. She also believed that Alka-Seltzer, incense and Florida water were cures for most things.
Logic was not her strong suit.

She left Haina when she was around five. She was born in some tiny village near Haina, I think.

Dec 26, 2011
The cutest thing my gf does is preface her most random thoughts with "como dice el refr?n". Cracks me up.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I suppose that my 5 year marriage to a Dominican woman from Santiago sort of turned me off for a while. The ex was not very bright, but she thought she was a genius.

You sound like one of the misfits, thus you'll be a perfect fit!
And yet you choose her..........hmmmm:classic:
If you are a relative of Aristotle you got it going!

Aug 6, 2006
We were married in 94 and divorced in 2001. I don't think I have seen her since. I may have seen someone who sort of looked like her several years ago, but I turned and walked away and never was sure. She used my phone and address to get credit cards, and so I got calls from idiotic collection agencies for many years, but that seems to be all over now as well.

She was a pretty good seamstress, and had a small shop in my spare room. She got people to pay in advance, and then forgot about the job until they came to pick the items up. Eventually, most things got delivered. I suspect that she is still here in Miami.

We had some good times, but by and large, I had very little in common with her, and as I said, she was none too bright. The main thing about stupid and ignorant people is that they believe themselves to be smart and informed. It does no good to explain why colds and coughs cannot be cured with Agua Florida, why burning incenso de iglesia serves only to contaminate the air, and why candles do not have a magical effect on one's luck.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Well, look at it this way. You are one of the fortunate who walked away from a divorce without having to pay child support, I think? You didn't mention having any children.