Street Dog... Heartbreaking...

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Ok, so over the years I haven't given into the urge to take in as many dogs as I wanted to. I have enough of my own... but I'm fine. Anyway, there are two puppies about 4-5 months old (Guess) that have been coming around for the past week. I had food that we didn't eat with dinner lastnight so I had our Watchman take the food about 6 houses away and feed them. They were so cute, they were loving the full feeling when they were done.. They were laying on their backs, etc. WAY too cute!! Today on my way home with my husband we passed a dead dog in the street. As we got closer I couldn't look.. my husband said it was one of the puppies.. when we got home, the 2nd puppy was following my daughter all over the place.. I am heartbroken for this puppy who just lost his brother.. who now has NOBODY before they had one another, they were inseparable. Now? He has my daughter who he is by her side nonstop. My daughter is riding around on her bike and the dog is two steps behind her. He's so cute..

What are the chances if I were to get this dog bathed, dewormed, and shots to find a home? I can't keep him. He's so ugly that he's cute.. He's the typical street dog with a very long snout. Very friendly but scared of people too.. People are very abusive to him..

What are the chances to place him? I can't bring him back and forth with me to the states like I do with my chihuahuas and that is my problem.

Thanks in advance,
Jenny

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Mamichula it's probably going to be a typical street dog.. I'd say it would be medium.. Brown black muzzle mutt. But he's really dying for people.. literally.. loves to be around the kids.. He's crying outside my dog.. If I can insure a home, I will take him in, bathe him, get him shots, etc.. I'm in San Francisco de Macoris, but I go as far as Barahona..fairly often.

Jen

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
I took a few pictures.. He's very boney.. but I will feed and fatten him up after he's dewormed.. I will bring him to the vet, de worm and get him his first shots...

DSCN1167_zps7445f989.jpg

DSCN1164_zps8480b8bd.jpg