Can Business Visa obtained in DR?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
So in short....

Is it possible to get Business Visa here in DR?

(Long)

Now that I thought about this I want to legalize our stay in DR. I guess we had been legal up until last couple of month since we had been going back and forth enough just to extend our driving privileges here but I really thought this through and flying to state will cost a lot of time and money and that $6k dollars just on legal fees just to apply for residency on family of 3 is kind of waste for me. I want my family to be legal and not have to worry about one negative things that comes with us not being legal which is able to drive past 3 months period. Me living here for over a year now, I have never had other disadvantage of being here without being legal status or having a visa of some kind, except driving privileges. We had been able to rent a house get utilities hooked up, open up a bank account, buy a car and get insurances, except getting a legal status and driving licenses. I do believe in paying for services if one is providing proper services in timely manner without me getting involved in too many times. but what I have heard, it's just pain to get DR residency even if you have all the proper documents and papers. So from reading things me staying in DR will be legalized with me or my wife applying for Business Visa with less hassle?

I've read through the Visa requirement and applications Embassy of the Dominican Republic, in the United States but it looks like getting Business Visa doesn't [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]require me to go back to state and get the visa or they just have forgotten to put it up on their site. I had look though and all the documents can be obtained here even criminal records that I will have to send it manually and wait extra longer time to get one and Korean consulate in SD will provide one for my wife in two days. It looks like much less hassle for our family since I am naturalized US citizen my wife is just a legal resident of US and currently citizen of Korea and our son is a born citizen of US. If what they said on website is correct, we don't have to go around all over and get extra set of papers all over the place.

People said it's the company that should be doing all these things for me but I am practically second in order to getting things done in our company and our company had never done this sort of thing before, they just went straight to providing residency and now that law have changed, they have never had need to apply for one. Our company is very legal and had been properly doing business here way before I had the interest to getting a job here. We had been getting time off beginning of July since the HQ in US gets times off on independence week, but I've heard that this year could be different and just work through that and get out time off one shot on Dec/Jan. If I don't get any time off this just, I want to start the process here. If there's no way to get this here, I guess I have no choice but to find time and waste money to fly back to state and get the visa there.

[/FONT]

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Visa or Residency?

Business Residency requires investment of US$200,000.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Or if you have a North American Business, INC or LTD you could register it for under $1000 USD... Meaning your out of Country Company is doing Biz in the DR... Thats what I did...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Thanks.

Our company are doing business under LTD in free zone. Doesn't that have possibility of putting me into business visa where our HQ in NJ sending reinforcement of worker into DR to work? or DR request a worker from HQ in US? Is there visa or program in DR similar to H visas in US? I know DR is like upside down world but getting a business residency can't be this hard?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Have you tried contacting a Dominican lawyer?
I guess I'll call later because I was sick and lost my voice...
But anyways it would be good to know if getting a Business visa in DR is possible or not...