Just made the move to DR 1

em in paradise

May 31, 2013
Good Morning

I have enjoyed the forums for some time now(years) and find the information informative and very helpful. I've been in the DR off an on for the past five years visiting several locations in this beautiful country. We have moved here as of 4 months ago and so decided it was time to join the discussions. For the most part, we are really enjoying it here....people have been so wonderful. I appreciate the advise given to other members as often that has been a big help to us too. We look forward to our future here in the DR and hope to be able to contribute to the forums when we can. Thanks.

em in paradise

May 31, 2013
Thanks for the welcome. Because of my hubby's work, we are down near La Romana. I'm not sure it would be my area of choice in the long run, but for now it's where we are. We have yet to check out the Samana Pennisula which several people have told us is beautiful too. We have spent time in the Sosua/Cabarete area, and the Punta Cana area in the past so know a little about those areas as well. We came from the 'good old' USA :)

em in paradise

May 31, 2013
HR...we came from Idaho...spent some time in Florida shortly before making the move here. I suspect we're going to get a real taste of hot weather over the summer while here and we're definitely looking forward to a warm winter. It should be interesting.

Last edited:

Boombastic

Jun 8, 2013
Hola! If you are in Samana be sure to visit Las Galeras. It is a quiet and quaint little town right on the ocean.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Most of Florida is "Hotter" than the DR in the summer.
Welcome to "Paradise".
Hope you brought twice as much money as you though you would need.
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mel123

Jul 1, 2013
Hello!!!! Glad you are having so much fun... I have a question.
My husband and I are planning on moving to DR withing this year god willing but we are on a debate as of where, if either Sosua or Casa de campo en la romana. We have an 8 year old daughter so we are looking into a safe as safe it can be and not to crazy, also planning to set up a small business. My husband is a retired cop and i am a Hair Dresser. Any recommendation from you will be great!!! Thanks.