american/cibaena/capitalena

gata

Jun 10, 2013
hey im american, just grew up in a town of cibaenos in NY now im married to a capitaleno haha. i speak some dominican spanish and ive been to DR a few times. investing some money in business over there, trying to end up with an apartment in the capital and some land and a little house in the cibao.

ive always read and used info from DR1 and finally registered!

so i dont know if i should move over to the 'living' section to get more responses or if ill get enough attention over here in the "hi im new" section lol..

like i said, apartment in santo domingo, maybe el millon or that area [love blue mall, wow]

but on the santiago side of things i really need help! i would like to live near the city, outskirts, not too far from easy access to supermarkets, healthcare, up to date living, entertainment, but i want a good chunk of land to just have open land and build a small house on it. imagina las lomas y muchas matas

any suggestions on this trade-off area?

thanks

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Property near the center of town will start at Rd7500 per m2 and go up from there.

Your best bet is to be is on the East side of town North of the highway and South of the Carr. Turistica. and East of Rafeal Vidal. You can still get properties at RD4500. You would still be only a few minutes from downtown.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
From your description of what yo want, you might like Gurabo, is like a Suburban part of the Santiago city. Here you'll never be far from the country side, or urban Santiago, plus is one of the nicer parts of town.